• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    I checked with uSwitch and found I could have spent £1500 less on gas & leccy last year if I was with someone else.

So I phoned the letting agents and they confirmed the contract does say I am not allowed to change supplier.

Change it anyway, just don't tell the letting agent.
    When they find out, just say, take me to court, I have already checked my rights with a solicitor.
    They will probably back down.
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
      Because that would be the sensible and cost effective thing to do?
      Sorry, I'm showing my age again, aren't I?

I'll be wittering on about "customer service" next.
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Big dark cloud starting to creep over the hills to the West of the valley

Comment

Sorry, I'm showing my age again, aren't I?

I'll be wittering on about "customer service" next.
          and we both know that there is no such thing

Comment

I have had my signed contract sent to me. I've already been there 3 or 4 weeks!

BREAKING NEWS!
            "Recruitment Agents are crap" claims contractor
            Women were seen crying in the streets today as news started to emerge that one of the UK's most prestigious companies, a recruitment agency, might be providing a slightly less than perfect customer experience. BrowneIssue, a whining contractor, revealed to our reporter...
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

I said "crap"!

But it was in
              a quote of crap.

Comment

We're allowed to crap in TPD!

No more goldfishy poo!

Comment

Warning: do not eat goldfish.

You have been told.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                    I asked my lovely wife if we had a spare multi-point extension lead, I now have a pile of extension leads on the floor beside me
                    I must stop buying the damned things
                    There is no such thing as "too many extension leads".

When at the BBC, a colleague was told to order 70 'cos we were putting in a load of new servers.

He ordered 700.

The extras were put in the IT Dept's store room. They had disappeared within a week. It seemed they were actually all deployed on BBC premises rather than stolen for domestic use.

Comment

Warning: do not eat goldfish.

You have been told.
                      Why not?

The goldfish have short memories

They would forget that they had been eaten within seconds

Comment

Working...
                      X