• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    Not possible. It must have been a wrong number.

I don't normally answer the phone, but when he started ranting, I just thought it meet to keep on agreeing to everything

Comment

NO CARROTS!

Comment

Mine's shit compared to all those

Comment

Hiya NF!

I assume you are reading this in about 2 hours - which will be about 1:45 after I went to bed.

I have been fighting with an Adobe Reader "wrong operand type" error but I've sorted it now.
          2 hours 27 minutes - oops, make that 28 minutes - but then adjust for the wrong time on the server, making... errrrmmm...

Oh WTF, I saw it a week next Tuesday

"Wrong operand type"... how do they determine that it wasn't a correct operand type but the wrong operation for that type?
          Last edited by NickFitz; 2 March 2008, 04:03.

Comment

...and I slip gracefully into real time

Unfortunately, it's taken me so long to get here that I don't really have time to recount the enjoyable time I had

Suffice to say that, in the FMB bar, I found myself chatting to one of my rock star friends (he actually is, this one) and we deconstructed the modern music industry and put it back together with a very large something up its backside

Interesting thing he told me, which he said had been told to him by Keith Richards: on a couple of renowned Rolling Stones songs of the late 60s, there are in fact no electric guitars: though famous for their riffs, these tracks were actually recorded with acoustic guitars, and the producer then did a glorious job of compressing the sound to create what sounds like electric heaviness

But given that these recordings were made nearly forty years ago, and it's what Keith Richards remembered and told him, and what he remembered and told me, and what I remembered and told you... well, I won't go into details for fear that a combination of stoned recollections and drunken ramblings, subjected to a heavy dose of Chinese whispers, might be detected by Google and end up as some imbecile's Sunday morning contribution to Wikipedia, from which it will be almost impossible to eradicate, whatever the truth may be

Comment

A friend I met earlier, in the pub, had the local rag round last week seeking the comments of local businessfolk about some of the pernicious activities of HMRC with respect to "temporary workers".

He said that he'd given them "a few quotes".

"What," says I, "'Blow, wind, and crack thy cheeks! - Shakespeare'? 'This is the Night Mail, crossing the border - W H Auden'? 'April is the cruellest month - T S Eliot'?"

None of those, apparently

Comment

Just realised that there's a pali on the way - better bump things along a bit

Comment

I just watched an episode of Babylon 5

The only reason I mention this is to ensure that the next person to post after I crash out (which I shall do after posting this) will get a pali without even knowing until after they've posted

This will, I hope, be a pleasant start to their Sunday morning

Comment

Thank you hairy one
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Woke in pain and hit the pills.

Much better now that they have kicked in.

The wound is healing well now, but I've screwed up the nerves something awful. I hope they can sort them out.

I don't want to live on painkillers for the rest of my days.
                      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                      X