• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    The game is very good - going one way then the other.
    The bloke in the house down the road is the .. The Woman in the house down the road is the... The bloke in the house down the road is the woman down the road is the same
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
      The bloke in the house down the road is the .. The Woman in the house down the road is the... The bloke in the house down the road is the woman down the road is the same
      exactly! you should be commentating...

Comment

13-7 at half time!

But England are soooo bad in second half these days!

BTW Congrats to Wales on beating Italy.

Comment

13-7 at half time!

But England are soooo bad in second half these days!

BTW Congrats to Wales on beating Italy
          We did?

Or did Italy change sides ?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Spag bol now simmering

Better get stuck in to my Ascending Agglomerative Hierarchical Clustering again
            eh? does that mean posting?
            It's an algorithm (or family of algorithms) for grouping data points according to some definition of distance, such that points that are "near" each other in some sense can be treated as a single unit.

It's used for various purposes including genomic analysis, but I'm using it for some GIS work - or a Google Maps application, to be precise

It allows one to zoom in and out and, rather than having lots of points too close to each other to distinguish, they can be lumped together as one meta-point centered on the region they occupy. Then you can click on that and it zooms in and shows you the individual points in the cluster.

Funnily enough it was something I'd been working on for my own purposes but am now actually using in an application for NewClientCorp

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
              Every so often a gem pops up in TPD.

TPD seems like a long stream of warmed sherry trifle. Sweet, yummy, comforting and addictive.

And then you spot a pearl, or an emerald on your spoon.

It is posts like the above - the little crystals of considered genius and insight - that makes me read EVERY post. They get printed off and filed for future morale-boosting, ideas, reference or comfort as appropriate.

You know, I'm sure we have the makings of at least one book in TPD.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                We did?

Or did Italy change sides ?
                apparently they made a huge mistake after 60 minutes - up till that point it was a good match.

I am pleased cos the gf's brother-out-law is Welsh. Nice chap.

Comment

My hand smells much better now, the smell that injured limbs in casts and bandages develop is awful.
                  I couldn't stand to be in the same room as it anymore, and I couldn't hang it out the window coz it's too cold out there

Comment

apparently they made a huge mistake after 60 minutes - up till that point it was a good match.

I am pleased cos the gf's brother-out-law is Welsh. Nice chap.
                    Most of us are

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                      God didn't intend for spag bol to be spoiled with carrots, peas, sweetcorn ( ) or any other form of foul pollutant.

It's a beef sauce. It was perfect when God gave it to us. Leave it!

Comment

Working...
                      X