• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Surgeon said afterwards, you have extremely dense hands, massive muscles, and tendons twice normal size, lucky for you or you could have lost that hand.
    nurse piped up. if his head wasn't as dense he wouldn't be here at all

goodnight
    G'night.

I forgot to mention that my mate promptly fell out of the tree, too
    The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
      AtW is mocking me....he's even getting to my dates now.

Today took Nicola out for a walk and a meal. Walking through a forest and a red squirrel runs across the path to which she come out with:

"I like squirrels. I like to think of them as my friends"

Apart from me having a near coronary and asking if she was a deluded Russian from and internet site I thought I survived quite well.

She's got to go...I can no longer look at her in the same light.
      AtW only likes the hideous, destructive grey squirrel vermin.

Red squirrels are the One True Squirrel for any true Englishman - if she likes them, she's alright by me

Take her to Freshfield next weekend to see one of the largest surviving red squirrel colonies left in this country.

Alternatively, hand her over to me and I'll take her there - it's a beautiful place, and we can also take in Antony Gormley's figures on the beach down near Crosby (where my father was born).

At Formby beach there might even still be the barbed wire left over from when the desert scenes of A Family at War were filmed in the dunes there - the lazy gits at Granada never cleaned it up, and it was something we noted on our Sunday afternoon family walks there when I was a child.

Oh, and Southport to Formby is also the stretch of beach where Red Rum trained

Comment

I'm going to bed, I feel a bit shaky.

night all
        Night Diver

It's probably the endorphins... maybe they'll help you get a decent night's sleep for the first time in God knows how long

May God bless and keep you, 'cos I can't afford to <- manly

Comment

Surgeon said afterwards, you have extremely dense hands, massive muscles, and tendons twice normal size, lucky for you or you could have lost that hand.
          nurse piped up. if his head wasn't as dense he wouldn't be here at all

goodnight

That's what nurses are for... to tell the patients the things doctors are prevented from saying by their professional standards

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
            Oh tulip, Diver. You're just not safe to be let out, are you?

Ready for the nag? No? Well, you're getting one. Do a H&S assessment in future: you are the most valuable resource on your team and you wouldn't like the other blokes to get injured so why should you?

Get some chain mail gloves or whatever you need in future. The cost of six weeks off work would buy an awful lot of safety gear.
            you bin talkin to my wife
            And maybe you should listen to her

Otherwise you'll have to accept that, when you come here to evade her nagging, you'll just get nagging from BI and I.

Nagged once, twice, or thrice? The choice is yours

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities View Post
              G'night.

I forgot to mention that my mate promptly fell out of the tree, too
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                And maybe you should listen to her

Otherwise you'll have to accept that, when you come here to evade her nagging, you'll just get nagging from BI and I.

Nagged once, twice, or thrice? The choice is yours
                I have now promised her that I shall never to wear gloves again when using the big power tools, to ensure that all guards are in place & to take time and care when using them.

Comment

I just woke up. the pain/nerve jam they placed in my left shoulder to deaden the nerves to my left arm wore off during the night.
                  I woke in agony and my injured arm had fallen across my face. they have left a drain in it and I couldn't open my eyes, they were crusted with blood. quite scary really
                  had to wash my face with warm water to clean/clear it. taken painkillers and antibiotics now but can't get back to sleep

Comment

I would tootle off down to the Royal Gwent Hospital and get this wet sloppy dressing changed, but I can't drive (besides both my vehicles are up at the new house where the accident happened)

oh well, maybe I will get one of the boys to pop me there later.

Comment

Where's my mate DS ?

and has AtW come back yet

my god this site has gone down hill

Comment

Working...
                      X