• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you sure it was a red & not a in disguise.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Are you sure it was a red & not a in disguise.

Zeity
      got
      a

Comment

Oh well, time to go & cuddle the cat

See you all tomorrow... the start of another "busy" week... ...

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
          Oh tulip, Diver. You're just not safe to be let out, are you?

Ready for the nag? No? Well, you're getting one. Do a H&S assessment in future: you are the most valuable resource on your team and you wouldn't like the other blokes to get injured so why should you?

Get some chain mail gloves or whatever you need in future. The cost of six weeks off work would buy an awful lot of safety gear.
          you bin talkin to my wife
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
            Well, I've really done it this time.
            Chopping up old timbers on the big power saw on friday, and a nail in the timber caught my glove and dragged my left hand into the saw blade.

Sawed through the back of my hand. cut through the index finger bone, thumb and middle finger bones. severed the tendons for the index, middle and the next finger. nicked half through the thumb tendon and vein, and stripped the skin from the back of my hand.
            they flew me up to Morriston hospital in Swansea to the plastic surgery unit.
            those wonderful surgeons managed to save my hand and all my fingers.
            they sent me home this morning because I wouldn't stay in bed anyway.
            in plaster now up to the elbow, and will be for the next six weeks.
            You pillock.

If it makes you feel any better, A mate of mine who owns a sawmill recently ran his right hand through a bandsaw. Cut it from the little finger side, right through to by his thumb - the finger part of his hand was hanging on to the wrist part of his hand by a half inch bit of flesh.

Feck knows how they managed to reattach all the bones and guides, but I should say he's back to about 65%-70% of his initial mobility, bearing in mind that it's still quite swollen.

The prognosis is extremely good, thank goodness.

What upset him most, I think, after he realised he was going to keep his hand is that he runs a fantastic partridge and pheasant shoot and it was his trigger hand...

Anyway mate, you take care - don't do anything else ridiculous. Please.
            The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities View Post
              You pillock.

If it makes you feel any better, A mate of mine who owns a sawmill recently ran his right hand through a bandsaw. Cut it from the little finger side, right through to by his thumb - the finger part of his hand was hanging on to the wrist part of his hand by a half inch bit of flesh.

flip knows how they managed to reattach all the bones and guides, but I should say he's back to about 65%-70% of his initial mobility, bearing in mind that it's still quite swollen.

The prognosis is extremely good, thank goodness.

What upset him most, I think, after he realised he was going to keep his hand is that he runs a fantastic partridge and pheasant shoot and it was his trigger hand...

ANyway mate, you take care - don't do anything else ridiculous. Please.
              A practical impossibility I'm afraid.

Diver in self destruct mode

Comment

A practical impossibility I'm afraid.

Diver in self destruct mode
                You're as bad as another mate of mine - he was taking the top out of a tree; get's his chainsaw stuck. He being he, revs it and pulls it at the same time - it frees itself and travels from above left ear, under nose, through top lip to lower righthand jaw.

I never did get the blood out of that shirt I sacrificed to wrap around his empty head.
                The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

I'm going to bed, I feel a bit shaky.

night all

Comment

I'm going to bed, I feel a bit shaky.

night all
                    Good night mate - sleep well

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities View Post
                      You're as bad as another mate of mine - he was taking the top out of a tree; get's his chainsaw stuck. He being he, revs it and pulls it at the same time - it frees itself and travels from above left ear, under nose, through top lip to lower righthand jaw.

I never did get the blood out of that shirt I sacrificed to wrap around his empty head.
                      Surgeon said afterwards, you have extremely dense hands, massive muscles, and tendons twice normal size, lucky for you or you could have lost that hand.
                      nurse piped up. if his head wasn't as dense he wouldn't be here at all

goodnight

Comment

Working...
                      X