• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    I have no idea where that is!

This senile old git was called Ivor...

My most abiding memory of him (he's popped his clogs since) apart from the striipe up the back of some unfortunates head, was a conversation with him while he was cutting my hair...

About some bastards breaking into his son's flat during a funeral...

I eventually realised that it was his son's funeral and that he'd topped himself...

Very sad.
    I cannot begin to get inside the mind of the sort of evil bastards that could do something like that. Junkies, presumably?

Anyway, directions to the barber I meant: turn left out of the station, follow the road round to the right (toward the hotel) and where the road then turns left (toward the canal and pet supermarket) there is a pub opposite ("Kiwi's"?) and a car lot on the bend. There is a hut at the side of the car lot which is a cheapo barber. Or was, about 4 or 5 years ago.

Did you know the tramp? The one that sat on the steps of the old Post Office? That was murdered? The Missus & I quite liked him. I used to give him ciggies or a cup of tea from the station kaff. He would offer me a drag on one of his cigars in return - I always declined.

Do you know if they ever got the murderer(s)?
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

They got some scrote who was alleged to have done it, but who knows?

Comment

Not overly impressed with the Xover CSI / Without a Trace episode... since I don't watch the other series it's a bit odd.
        Last edited by zeitghost; 12 February 2008, 22:26.

Comment

Not overly impressed with the Xover CSI / Without a Trace episode... since I don't watch the other series it's a bit odd.
          Yeah - who are these people???
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I was just thinking it was quite good.

But I've never seen it before, or seen CSI before.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

They got some scrote who was alleged to have done it, but who knows?
              Well, at least something got done.

I had a horrid fear it would not be treated seriously; I was relieved when the crime scene lot were camped at the by-pass roundabout for weeks on end.

Right, on that happy note, I'm off to bed.

Bye, bye everybody peeps!

Now if you'd just leave the post count at about 89990 for me in the morning, that would be nice!
              Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

They've missed a trick, they could have got the CSI NY involved...

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                  Well, at least something got done.

I had a horrid fear it would not be treated seriously; I was relieved when the crime scene lot were camped at the by-pass roundabout for weeks on end.

He was a weird old cove, transpired he used to be an engineer/mechanic or something with Cam Gears (now TRW until it shuts) in Resolfen.

Can't remember what exactly happened to him for him to end up living in a shack by the bypass.

He used to spend time in the reading room in the library sometimes, & by 'eck he did pong a bit...

I forget why the scrote offed him... probly thought he had £500k stashed under his duvet or something... they're really not very bright around here.

Comment

I think they'll get it all solved by the end.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Have you seen the trailers for "Murder" on fiveUS?

Seems most bizarre - see if you can solve the real life murder before the police do.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
                      X