• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
    I think I might have to go book shopping again, I can spend lots on books, is it just me?
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    There's a Borders just by the Sainsbury's where I shop. I try to avoid the temptation to "just pop in" when I'm there as I inevitably end up spending at least £60. This happens even when I go in for one specific item
    My wife no longer enters bookshops without my permission. No self-control, you see. She just gets into a book-frenzy.
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
      Split testing FTW!
      Split testing means less than nothing to me, to be honest!

Is there a Yahoo equivalent of Google Analytics?
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        I'd never heard of it before today. Jog has some good stuff going on, plenty of interesting reading

Comment

I read some of the SBI! stuff while I was away last week. Quite interesting, and reassuring.

MrsF's site is based on the CTPM model without realizing it - lots of good quality, regularly updated content getting high volumes of traffic. Now I just need to look at ways of bringing in money from it.....
          I've been reading about how traffic from positions 3-6 on the right of the google results (the sponsored links from adwords) convert better than traffic from the top positions.

Same with organic results - that means people who click the 3rd -6th result are more inclined to buy than people who just click the 'top position' - which so many people get so hysterical about getting...

It's crazy how what gurus and experts say contrasts so heavily with what peopel actually do.
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
            Yep I do that too, much to the annoyance of Mrs Diablo. I think my biggest spend in Waterstones was nearly £200. Though on amazon I've far more in one go on books.
            The St Albans Cathedral bookshop saw my wife's single biggest haul in terms of cost. Over £500 on a handful of language reference books.
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
              I've been reading about how traffic from positions 3-6 on the right of the google results (the sponsored links from adwords) convert better than traffic from the top positions.

Same with organic results - that means people who click the 3rd -6th result are more inclined to buy than people who just click the 'top position' - which so many people get so hysterical about getting...

It's crazy how what gurus and experts say contrasts so heavily with what peopel actually do.
              I hardly ever use the sponsored links on the right hand side.
              For some reason I just don't trust them

Comment

20k!

Actually 20k+1... I shall leave it as an exercise for the reader to determine exactly where the 20k post is located...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  20k!
                  Well done that man

and very subtle

Comment

Is there a Yahoo equivalent of Google Analytics?
                    I don't think so but you can measure your ROI from Yahoo ads in analytics - this is the book I just read which has made me a testing/tracking convert

http://www.smallchangesbigprofits.com/

I bought the guy's PHP split testing script and have been installing it for 3 days

Turns out my hosting company made it really hard to just run a ****ing PHP script

It's al working now though
                    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                      What the ****.

Just saw that my mates housemate wished him happy birthday on facebook.

How about doing it in person knob cheese.
                      Did you mean:

How about doing it in person, knob cheese?
                      or did you mean:

How kewl is that? Wishing someone happy birthday in knob cheese?

Comment

Working...
                      X