• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although I have never been married, I have been lucky enough to have had several long-term relationships with women who were also my best friend.

Comment

As a result, I am still (if we ever cross each other's paths) on excellent terms with all my previous partners

Comment

Of course, we're mainly scattered to the four corners of the Earth these days... scattering having been the primary cause of most of our break-ups

Comment

Long-distance relationships don't last... this is the voice of experience speaking...

Comment

Yet friendship can survive separation of that ilk in a way that an intimate relationship can't

Comment

But if a relationship is going to end due to distance, it's nice to be able to just discuss things, accept that circumstances are such that things can't carry on, and part with a kiss and a hug

Comment

I still see one of my ex-partners regularly... that relationship ended more because of the fact that she was still young enough to want something new (travel and such), whereas I am old and boring enough to just want my slippers

Comment

It was when she went off with one of her girly friends to India and Thailand for a few months that the end began...

Comment

I stayed at home, working and paying the rent... which was what I preferred, to be honest - I've never had the slightest interest in travelling, apart from enjoying riding in aeroplanes...

Comment

But when she came back, she'd learnt that there was more to life than sitting around with a boring ageing hippy like me... one whose days of doing vaguely exciting stuff involving being chased across fields by the Wiltshire Constabulary of a Summer Solstice morn were behind him...

Comment

Working...
                      X