• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, and sending me screenshots. SCREENSHOTS of web applications and asking me to check if it meets accessibility guidelines. FFS.

Comment

Ooh, I've just seen a contract for a Designer role for an investment bank at around £500 a day - a job I could do in my sleep. But I bet it'd be more of the same.

Comment

And I'm in a contract at the moment, so that's a bit tricky.
        Why do I always see good looking contracts while I'm in one?
        I guess that's a bit like relationships really.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
          Oh, and sending me screenshots. SCREENSHOTS of web applications and asking me to check if it meets accessibility guidelines. FFS.
          Reminds me of a small .com I worked for years ago always doing things like that - promising clients the earth to get the work then having mass champaign celebrations for 'selling ice to the Eskimos' after telling the devs they'd be pulling 60 hour weeks for the next months and be coming in on weekends to deliver what they'd just promised.
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

And I'm in a contract at the moment, so that's a bit tricky.
            Why do I always see good looking contracts while I'm in one?
            I guess that's a bit like relationships really.
            Welcome to my world
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
              Welcome to my world
              I hear ya.

And here's another one - can you just <insert vague waffle about 'webby stuff' and non-specific deliverables that will have been fat-finger typed on a fisher-price laptop by a complete munter who will never have heard of the words 'marketing' or 'spelling' or 'consistency' or 'information architecture'> by Friday morning please?

What do you mean, NO?'

Comment

So now I have to design a complete and utter bloody idiot-proof process for content coming from these evolutionary cul-de-sacs to reach our team, and to manage it in our team, and to report back from our team, ASAP before all of this spirals out of control and drives me insane.

Comment

I'm sure someone's done this before - I'll try and Google such a thing and see if I can simply 'adapt' an existing process to suit my own needs.

Comment

And once I've ripped - sorry - drawn inspiration from - someone else's idea and plugged it into the client's infrastructure I can put something spiffy on the old 'brochure' about me having designed a project process for rapid application and web development for a major blue chip.

Comment

So now I have to design a complete and utter bloody idiot-proof process for content coming from these evolutionary cul-de-sacs to reach our team, and to manage it in our team, and to report back from our team, ASAP before all of this spirals out of control and drives me insane.
                      What happens if they produce better idiots?

Comment

Working...
                      X