• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5.) May 2000: A Philadelphia restaurant was ordered to pay Amber Carson of
    Lancaster Pennsylvania $113,500.00 after she slipped on a spilled soft drink
    and broke her coccyx. The beverage was on the floor because Ms. Carson threw
    it at her boyfriend 30 seconds earlier during an argument.

Comment

6.) December 1997: Kara Walton of Claymont, Delaware successfully sued the
      owner of a night club in a neighbouring city when she fell from the bathroom
      window to the floor and knocked out her two front teeth. This occurred while
      Ms. Walton was trying to sneak through the window in the lady's room to
      avoid paying the $3.50 cover charge. She was awarded $12,000.00 and dental
      expenses.

Comment

7.) And just so you know that cooler heads do occasionally prevail:

Kenmore Inc., the makers of Dorothy Johnson's microwave, were found not
        liable for the death of Mrs. Johnson's poodle after she gave it a bath and
        attempted to dry it by putting the poor creature in her microwave for "just
        a few minutes, on low,". The case was quickly dismissed.

Comment

DS23 7,721
          zeitghost 6,577
          TheFaQQer 6,373
          Diver 5,135
          cailin maith 5,071
          BrowneIssue 4,990
          BrilloPad 3,564
          NickFitz 3,550

I am above Nick

bet he soon leapfrogs me...

Comment

zeitghost
            More fingers than teeth 18,441
            TheFaQQer
            Godlike 11,188
            DS23
            TPDeity 9,787
            AtW
            Lord of Squirrels 8,605
            sasguru
            Godlike 8,506
            Diver
            Godlike 7,396
            wendigo100
            Godlike 6,981
            SallyAnne
            Godlike like 6,615
            cailin maith
            Godlike 6,594
            DimPrawn
            Godlike 6,583
            BrilloPad
            Godlike 6,039

Comment

Hmmm...anyway...

A bloke goes into a watchmaker's shop.

" I'd like a potato clock please."

" I'm sorry sir, there's no such thing "

" Yes, there is, really, I just need a potato clock "

" I have been in the business 37 years and I have
              never come across any such thing. "

" Well, I guess it's a clock made from a potato
              or something. "

" Sorry, never heard of one. Where did you
              hear about it ? "

" My new boss; he said I start tomorrow at
              9 O'clock, so I've got to get a potato clock....."

Comment

> An Irishman named O'Malley went to his doctor after a long illness. The
                > doctor, after a lengthy examination, sighed and looked O'Malley in the eye
                > and said, "I've some bad news for you. You have cancer, and it can't be
                > cured, you'd best put your affairs in order."
                >
                > O'Malley was shocked and saddened. But of solid character, he managed to
                > compose himself and walk from the doctor's office into the waiting room.
                >
                > To his son who had been waiting, O'Malley said, "Well son, we Irish
                > celebrate when things are good, and we celebrate when things don't go so
                > well. In this case, things aren't so well. I have cancer. Let's head for
                > the pub and have a few pints."
                >
                > After 3 or 4 pints, the two were feeling a little less somber. There were
                > some laughs and more beers. They were eventually approached by some of
                > O'Malley's old friends who asked what the two were celebrating.
                >
                > O'Malley told them that the Irish celebrate the good and the bad. He went
                > on to tell them that they were drinking to his impending end. He told his
                > friends "I have been diagnosed with AIDS." The friends gave O'Malley their
                > condolences, and they had a couple more beers.
                >
                > After his friends left, O'Malley's son whispered his confusion. "Dad, I
                > thought you said that you were dying from cancer? You just told your
                > friends that you were dying from AIDS!"
                >
                > O'Malley said, "I don't want any of them sleeping with your mother after
                > I'm gone!"

Comment

Night all

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    PCB is now drilled with the drilly thing.
                    Oh, I hate it when people get technical.
                    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                      However the obtaining of the PALI is a definite art... it requires timing...

Well done!
                      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Working...
                      X