• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    But then, she has made it easy!

I am beginning to understand what General is for.
    Which thread?
    Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
      Which thread?
      http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ml?#post422130
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I might be out for a few days - my mother in intensive care.

to whoever got 66666
        dang. sorry to hear that andrew. best wishes mate.

Comment

FFS!! 25 minutes without a post

This is what happens when people go of to General

Focus is lost

Come on people!
          Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

work eh? who'd a thought it.

Comment

you're closing on on 3k bear.

Comment

FFS!! 25 minutes without a post
                I have run out of inspiration.

I used it all up offending everyone I could think of in General.

Sorry.
                Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Come on people!
                  Don't the Japanese have a special word for that?

Comment

This looks interesting.

"Computing in Radio Astronomy", 18:15 16th Jan, Renold Building, University of Manchester

"Computers have been used in radio astronomy since 1964 when the Mk II Telescope at Jodrell Bank became the first telescope in the world to be controlled by a digital computer. Such real-time computers now control and monitor the operation of the telescopes in arrays such as the 217 km MERLIN array.

"Computers are playing an increasing role in the acquisition of radio astronomical data as very powerful multi-processor systems are taking over the role of the special purpose hardware that has had to be used in the past. However, special purpose "correlators" are still required where, for example, 30 Gbits of data will be acquired each second from each of seven telescope in the new e-MERLIN array.

"Finally sophisticated processing techniques are needed to generate high quality radio images from sparse and ionspherically corrupted data sets. The Lecture will illustrate some of these usages."

Might be worth a trip.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                      Very probably... considering how much they do that, it's amazing there's any little Japanese at all.
                      It is a strange fetish. A bit like having a nice hot cup of tea and a packet of Hobnobs which you might have later.

Comment

Working...
                      X