• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ubuntu

Lots of partitioning of my USB stick just happened in a flash (ha! ha!).

(Whatever happened to bubble memory? Zeity - do you know? I do I have to Google it for myself?)

Step 5 is "Migrate docs & settings". I didn't pick Isle of Man so no migration is necessary
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
      1500 posts of imparted wisdom.
      how many in tpd?

Comment

Ubuntu

Step 6 is entering your details:

BrowneIssue
        BrowneIssue
        BrowneIssue BrowneIssue
        BrowneIssue

That was easy.
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Ubuntu

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
          Step 6 is entering your details:

BrowneIssue
          BrowneIssue
          BrowneIssue BrowneIssue
          BrowneIssue

That was easy.
          NB: You may want to choose different names & passwords from those excellent ones suggested above.

Comment

Ubuntu

Step 7 is just confirmation of what you did on the last 6.

Click on "next" and we're off....

... detecting ... preparing ... installing ...

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
              Not sure.... I'm now thinking that FaQ may be right ... they could be a reward to myself for all my hard work over the next few weeks
              Hard work? Pah.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              TF is off to the airport...
              He's decided to shun the married like and come and party like a badass rockstar with me?

Rock on

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              At the risk of being accused of heresy, I have to say that money has never been a great motivator for me (which is probably why I have so little of it).

I'd rather do something challenging for peanuts than something easy for a fortune... best, of course, is something challenging for a fortune
              Same. I really, really, really do not care about money.

I could work more, spend less and be loaded. I was once asked in an interviw why I was a contractor. He said "contractors are people that only want to work 6 months of the year." my response "what is wrong with only working 6 months of the year".

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                (Whatever happened to bubble memory? Zeity - do you know? I do I have to Google it for myself?)
                IIRC it didn't work in any useful way for so long that, when they finally did get it working, it was an irrelevant technology - there were other, widespread technologies that offered the same benefits.

Zeity can probably tell you more, though...

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                  He's decided to shun the married like and come and party like a badass rockstar with me?

Rock on
                  I cant wait to see the piccies from this...

Comment

I was away for about an hour earlier - major major prod issue.

Comment

Ubuntu

For just how long will it say:

"Installing system ... 15%" ?

There is no drive activity happening.

Comment

Working...
                      X