• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
    what is the printer? maybe we can add some informed options via you.
    It's the one with the "PRINTER IS BROKEN" notice (written in blue marker pen on a sheet of A4) taped over the control panel

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      It's the one with the "PRINTER IS BROKEN" notice (written in blue marker pen on a sheet of A4) taped over the control panel
      nice edit

makes it much easier to visualise
      Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Have you tried another one

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          There's more printers to break?

Oh goody...
          and when you've finished breaking printers, try something else ?

What about drawer units that have keys in them. How about snapping the keys in the locks ?

Comment

Just to add to the fun, when I went to delete the printer settings that seem to have caused the calamity, I discovered that the IT people had already configured said printer (presumably correctly) on my machine - but for some reason they'd labelled it with its IP address, rather than something sensible like "nth Floor Colour Printer" or (as it says on it in large letters) "London 77"

How they expect me to deduce that "10.73.12.14" means "the printer across the office from your desk" is beyond me

Could have done a traceroute I suppose, or maybe carried out a port scan... not sure how that would have helped, but at least I'd find out how well they've got the network locked down

Comment

So that was you was it?
              I had to Black & Decker the lock to get my drawers open...
              Not me

It was only a thought

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                and when you've finished breaking printers, try something else ?

What about drawer units that have keys in them. How about snapping the keys in the locks ?
                I did that accidentally once at a client. On the basis that there wasn't anything of mine in the drawers, I kept quiet. When I left two months later, they still didn't know

Comment

I did that accidentally once at a client. On the basis that there wasn't anything of mine in the drawers, I kept quiet. When I left two months later, they still didn't know
                  If it was an accident why not own up Unless you ment it

Comment

I'd have thought that it would be obvious to anyone that 10.73.10.14 was a network printer...
                    But where is it located

Comment

Just to add to the fun, when I went to delete the printer settings that seem to have caused the calamity, I discovered that the IT people had already configured said printer (presumably correctly) on my machine - but for some reason they'd labelled it with its IP address, rather than something sensible like "nth Floor Colour Printer" or (as it says on it in large letters) "London 77"

How they expect me to deduce that "10.73.12.14" means "the printer across the office from your desk" is beyond me

Could have done a traceroute I suppose, or maybe carried out a port scan... not sure how that would have helped, but at least I'd find out how well they've got the network locked down

We have DHCP assigned printers here
                      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                      X