• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    If some pikey cyclist even as much as touched my car they'd be hobbling..
    Trouble is you have to catch the buggers first

I always pull over a bit to let bikers and cyclists through. they don't increase tailbacks and you don't get your car scratched coz the gap is too small.
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
      enough of that
      Agreed, have to watch your blood pressure

Comment

My power pack cooling fan has just stopped I think.

Back in a mo

Comment

Switched off and back on again, fan has restarted but is making an awful noise now

Comment

At least I am not my car anymore - I was once

I do love my car though- unconditionally..
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Nope, It's stopped again, am going to have to switch off the computer and get the casing off to see what's happening before I cook the system.

Won't be long or won't be back depending.

Fingers crossed

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                Nope, It's stopped again, am going to have to switch off the computer and get the casing off to see what's happening before I cook the system.

Won't be long or won't be back depending.

Fingers crossed
                GL
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  NO FOOTBALL

There are enough f**king stupid rules here about counting, jokes - about time I made a stupid rule.
                  Counting is just irritating - if you have literally nothing to say, then say nothing.

Jokes? There's a thread for jokes so post them there - otherwise people won't find them, and so there was no point posting them.

No football?

This is not a stupid rule! Even if there are to be no other rules in TPD, the rule of NO FOOTBALL must stand!!!

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                  Not even dead sure where to stay, I fancy somewhere small and boutique type... any ideas?

We will want to go to some bars after....
                  I'll PM you some suggestions, if you remind me at the weekend - this carppy hotel wifi makes it hard to track down the links at the mo

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  I've got this geiger counter I built from a kit.

It gives the occasional click from cosmic rays & stuff.

I didn't think it worked properly.

Until my mum had radioiodine... then I knew it worked coz I could detect her from the next room...

One of my ex-gfs worked as a nuclear medicine technician at Guy's Hospital. When somebody spilt a bottle of a gamma-emitting liquid in the fume cupboard in the prep room, they couldn't use the staff coffee room for a week - it was on the other side of the wall

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                  5am
                  You mean they have one of those in the morning, too? I always thought 5 was the time when the permies started leaving so I had a few hours to actually get some work done in peace

Anyway, hotel wifi being what it is, I still haven't caught up and have to bundle all this into one post. Just remember, it cost me a lot more to post this than it cost you to read it

Comment

Morning all
                    Whoever mounted the fan on this system had pinched/trapped one of the fan power leads between the fan housing and mounting, where it had gradually curled up untill it was touching the fan blade, sorted now

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Counting is just irritating - if you have literally nothing to say, then say nothing.

Jokes? There's a thread for jokes so post them there - otherwise people won't find them, and so there was no point posting them.

No football?

This is not a stupid rule! Even if there are to be no other rules in TPD, the rule of NO FOOTBALL must stand!!!

I'll PM you some suggestions, if you remind me at the weekend - this carppy hotel wifi makes it hard to track down the links at the mo

One of my ex-gfs worked as a nuclear medicine technician at Guy's Hospital. When somebody spilt a bottle of a gamma-emitting liquid in the fume cupboard in the prep room, they couldn't use the staff coffee room for a week - it was on the other side of the wall

You mean they have one of those in the morning, too? I always thought 5 was the time when the permies started leaving so I had a few hours to actually get some work done in peace

Anyway, hotel wifi being what it is, I still haven't caught up and have to bundle all this into one post. Just remember, it cost me a lot more to post this than it cost you to read it
                      It was worth it though

Comment

Working...
                      X