• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only washed the car yesterday and it's filthy again already.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

sig test please dont delete
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

so it doesnt change on all earlier posts like an avatar.... hhhhm
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
          so it doesnt change on all earlier posts like an avatar.... hhhhm
          Yes, I tried that a while back as a possible way to get some retroactive advertising for the co. webtulipe. Didnt work.

Comment

A prediction for the future

Home Computers in 2004

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB

thats good Dave...
              SA says;
              Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              (whatever these are)

Comment

Still cant work out what the big feckin' wheel is for though.

Comment

I believe it was to allow either the voltage or frequency to be increased. A bit like overclocking I guess. Wouldn't surprise me, with the components they had back then, running things a little hot wouldn't be for the faint hearted, hence all the gauges and power dials.

There's a bit more explanation of how it was expected to work here.

Edit: 291,235 views...so close but so far.

Comment

The big wheel was connected to a potentiometer, there was a voltmeter in series, and a meter that swung back and forth.

It was, actually, to stop managers pressing anything proper.

HTH

Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Thats a mock up and a joke. Its a sub steering panel (I think) with a few added extras.

Bump
                      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                      X