• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Last time I seen Eastenders, half of them were wearing shellsuits
    The people that lived there 25 years ago, now live in the area between Ilford and Romford. That is shellsuit country these days.

The Queen Vic would be closed now, not enough of the locals are allowed to drink alcohol.

Comment

Evenin' all.

Comment

Last time I seen Eastenders, half of them were wearing shellsuits
        SATC..... rules....
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
          Realistic?

It was quite close to the local demographic about 25 years ago, but it bears no relation to the area that it is set in now.
          I was being sarcastic. We sent the telly back in 2001 and haven't had one since.

A couple of years or so ago, we went round a family member's house on a Sunday. Their kids and their mates (ages 6 to 15) we watching the Eastenders Omnibus in the living room and the adults in the kitchen drinking coffee.

I wandered into the living room and watched some woman being called a "slaaag" in the style of 1970s Sweeney and then slapped to the ground and given a good kicking.

I said to the kids "You do know this is a load of rubbish, don't you?"

I got shouted down. They see it as a documentary on how normal people live their lives.

And people say WE'RE wrong for not having a telly in the house.

"Of course, we only have it for the children." Seems like a damn good idea not to have one, to me.
          Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            SATC..... rules....
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
              Evenin' all.
              Hiya Moose!

Do me a favour? What does the message on that t-short say?
              Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

I like my TV.

Documentaries mainly though. + NCIS, CSI and the comedy channels

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                  Hiya Moose!

Do me a favour? What does the message on that t-short say?
                  Save a virgin...do me instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
                    Save a virgin...do me instead.
                    OK

Comment

I like my TV.

Documentaries mainly though. + NCIS, CSI and the comedy channels
                      Just finished watching the "50 best comedy catch phrases" show. Tommy Cooper was only no 22. Travesty!

Comment

Working...
                      X