• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More importantly: what shall I watch on the moving picture machine?

UFO?

Bodies?

Monty Python's Flying Circus?

One of those weird foreign films that I insist on watching in a language I don't understand, with English subtitles, on the grounds that I want to hear the tone and timbre of voice the original actors used?

More decisions...

Comment

UFO it is... Kill Straker!

Comment

Commander Straker has just lit a large cigar in the main control room of Moonbase...

Those were the days... you could smoke in Marks & Spencer in those days...

I remember being in M&S in Liverpool city centre with my parents on a Saturday... all the dads would be stood with the kids around the pillars with mirrors by them... the stainless steel pedestal ashtrays were strategically placed there, and the wives would come over with a dress, hold it up to themselves, say "What do you think of this?" and completely ignore the reply as they looked at themselves in the mirror...

The husbands just carried on chatting and smoking and occasionally remembering to check if the kids were still there...

It was like it is shopping with women now, but with cigarettes...

dot, dot, dot...

Comment

The important thing was that it gave the men an excuse to get away from the wife (and they always were wives in those days) while she went down the racks. So rather than having some random piece of fabric stuck under one's nose every couple of seconds, one was only required to respond to the ones she went to the trouble of bringing to the mirror.

It was in the Seventies that smoking in department stores was gradually eliminated. This directly correlates with an increase in the divorce rate which has continued virtually unabated to this day.

Too many men subjected to too many shopping trips? Or just coincidence?

You decide

Comment

One of the perks of being single. I don't get subjected to shopping trips.

Result.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Problem is, you'll destroy most users of Yahoo! Answers and a large number of Slashdot posters by that metric.

Umm... remove "Problem is, " and substitute "Make it so!" in that last sentence

Unh? What was that noise?

Probably nothing...

Ah, it was the apostrophe in wants

Terrible clunking noise they make...
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Still not snowing

Morning all

' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' <---- snowing apostrophes

Comment

Right, I'm off to do some work at the new house.

Plastering again

Later

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                    We never respect anyone on here
                    That's a relief!

Probably the best bit of having low expectations - few disappointments!

Mornin' all!
                    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                      Diver, 2uk, arthur_cider, BrowneIssue, Cliphead, Clippy, ControlG, cutienadamsgirl, dude69, GeorgeGregan, IH33, IR35 Avoider, kingshuk, Meerkat, miffy, MikeK, shoes, thunderlizard, zathras

BI has left his system logged on again
                      The PC in question had been shut down tidily and was powered off.

I don't see why it should have said I was logged on.
                      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Working...
                      X