• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    ah bollocks I have missed 56k.... twat!

I'[m going up towm to find meself a farmer... see ya tomozx boyos

**** the dog ia in me bed!!
    Well we did ok till the bounce came over and said... is thst your auntie,,,
    ??

She was mullered,,,.... we ended up walking ger home,,,, she is so dead in the morninh!
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Comment

ah bollocks I have missed 56k.... twat!

I'[m going up towm to find meself a farmer... see ya tomozx boyos

**** the dog ia in me bed!!
        I don't know where to start...

tomozx

Well we did ok till the bounce came over and said... is thst your auntie,,,
        ??

She was mullered,,,.... we ended up walking ger home,,,, she is so dead in the morninh!

Originally posted by zeitghost
        I've just discovered what happens when you drop a keyboard... the pc goes totally tits up...
        The original Atari ST had an interesting hardware-related bug whereby if the left mouse button was pressed down as the system booted, it blew certain components on the motherboard

This was first discovered, and reported, by some bloke whose mouse had fallen down the back of his desk into a position where the button was held down.

It's one of the very few genuine examples of a software fault causing physical damage to hardware - the smoke actually got out

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Ah, bless

Come on everybody, hug AtW - the poor lamb's feeling left out

Here you go, AtW:

(Don't tell Carling )

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          The original Atari ST had an interesting hardware-related bug whereby if the left mouse button was pressed down as the system booted, it blew certain components on the motherboard

This was first discovered, and reported, by some bloke whose mouse had fallen down the back of his desk into a position where the button was held down.

It's one of the very few genuine examples of a software fault causing physical damage to hardware - the smoke actually got out
          Another such case, of course, was the splendid tip published in Personal Computer World: a POKE to speed up the video refresh rate (thereby releasing clock cycles for actual software) for the Commodore PET that would, on around 30% of the installed base of Commodore PETs, simply blow up the video circuitry.

They published an apology, with advice on how to cope with the calamity, the next month

It wasn't long after that they published the circuit diagram for the heartrate monitor project which could potentially connect you directly to the mains

I believe I have copies of those issues... I have shelves creaking under the weight of 1980s copies of PCW and Byte... they actually come in handy occasionally

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I've just realised that I didn't phrase that very well - it was a software bug which triggered a hardware state which was, shall we say, "unsupported"

Comment

I'm going to watch some talking-moving-gubbins on the glass-fronted talking-moving-gubbins machine now

Comment

I HAVE GOAT FOR SALE.

IS GOOD GOAT.

You want goAt?

Comment

Morning all!

Nah I don't want a goat, thanks though.
                  That boy go raaaaaaa
                  Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment