• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    ASCII lpt graphs... I used to write programs to do various statistical analyses of device characteristics... really tedious stuff.
    I was doing it in CIS COBOL. When we got a Mannesmann Tally dot-matrix printer with barcode-printing ability, our graphs improved hugely.
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

... using overlays to fit it all into a 16k memory partition...
      Just as I believe you should have to ride a motorbike before being allowed to drive a car, the world would be a much better place if all C programmers had learned to work with memory management techniques.
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

I was doing graphs with a Centronics 306 printer which had a choice of UPPER CASE OR UPPER CASE...
        The 'posh printer' option at college (as opposed to the band printer) had lower case, different typefaces, italics, etc. You just had to change the gold ball.

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
          The 'posh printer' option at college (as opposed to the band printer) had lower case, different typefaces, italics, etc. You just had to change the gold ball.
          It comes back to me...

text, <BEL>, <XON>

printer prints, beeps and stops. Change golf ball. ^Q on its keyboard ('cos it could be used as a teletype).

text, <BEL>, <XON>

and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
            Just as I believe you should have to ride a motorbike before being allowed to drive a car, the world would be a much better place if all C programmers had learned to work with memory management techniques.

I disagree. That way I get to feel superior quite often...

Comment

Hi all

Hope everyone had a good christmas

Comment

Did you have an APL golf ball?
                I don't know. I do recall having to slide it back onto the middle of its desk every half page or so to stop it walking off sideways.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                  Hi all

Hope everyone had a good christmas
                  Hi 5*

I had a great time thanks - and you?

Comment

55800?

Comment

Today, 16:29 #55800
                      BrilloPad
                      Super poster