• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
    8gb and it is the size of a.. a..well, a very small thing. amazing.
    ClientCo site; programme team meeting; 3 project teams present; about 30 people present in conference room; most work in IT; supplier tries to do a demo on his laptop using the WiFi; WiFi wouldn't play; supplier's assistant has a copy of the demo on his tiny USB stick; assistant throws USB stick to his boss; USB stick goes in laptop; demo is fired up.

At this point I say to the assembled parties: "Amazing, isn't it? The data crystal is already with us."

Programme Manager: "Sorry? The what crystal?"

Me: "Data crystal. Like in Star Trek or Babylon 5."

Programme Manager: "What are you talking about?"

Me: "You know, like on the sci-fi films where there is the ship's blueprints and logs on a small device. A USB stick, yeah? Like a data crystal?"

<assembled silence>

Programme Manager: "Are you some sort of nerd?"

Me: "I'm an IT Project Manager. Of course I'm a nerd."

One of the client Project Managers mutters under his breath: "IT geek w**ker."

Programme Manager: "Can we please get on now...?"

That was the day I realised I wasn't going to get an extension...
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

congratulations to brownei for reaching 3000 tpd's!

that deserves bananas that does:

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
          ClientCo site; programme team meeting; 3 project teams present; about 30 people present in conference room; most work in IT; supplier tries to do a demo on his laptop using the WiFi; WiFi wouldn't play; supplier's assistant has a copy of the demo on his tiny USB stick; assistant throws USB stick to his boss; USB stick goes in laptop; demo is fired up.

At this point I say to the assembled parties: "Amazing, isn't it? The data crystal is already with us."

Programme Manager: "Sorry? The what crystal?"

Me: "Data crystal. Like in Star Trek or Babylon 5."

Programme Manager: "What are you talking about?"

Me: "You know, like on the sci-fi films where there is the ship's blueprints and logs on a small device. A USB stick, yeah? Like a data crystal?"

<assembled silence>

Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
            What's going in here today then?
            Hello, El Diablo.

In answer to your question, drivel.
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              It seems not so long ago that it took two people to pick up a 20Mb disk drive... (or was it a 10Mb disk drive, I forget).
              The earliest I ever handled were 10Mb RL02 disc packs.

Comment

another biscuit sir?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Curious design decision, but I suppose it's as logical as 256 bytes/sector or was 128 bytes/sector for the 8 inch floppy...

Well done!

Comment

by jove what a splendid idea eh? what?

Comment

3000 means you can update your credentials brownei

Comment

Working...
                      X