• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Later on I'll go to sleep and dream of it being tomorrow.

Still got lunch at my sister's in-laws to get through before I can hie me to my humble dwelling

On the plus side, this apparently involves roast beef
    Gammon for us tomorrow at my parents.

Unless my granddad is too ill to come home, in which case we'll be eating in the nursing home with him instead.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Ah, I'd forgotten that.

As my sister lives in Manhattan she is even more out of touch with Coronation Street than I am.

She has now returned to the room and will sit there, frequently pointing at the screen saying things like "Who's that?", "He's aged," "So are those two married?" "I thought those two were friends? Why's he doing that?", "I never liked him although he was good in that other programme", "I see they're still in it. How old are they now?", "Why isn't she speaking to him?", "Why's he doing that" (about something that was explained two minutes earlier but which she missed because she was driving me mad with questions).

Ah, here we go:

"Is she supposed to be Sally's kid? How old is she supposed to be? How does she know him? Why are they hiding like that? I thought Sally's kid was called Sarah? Or is that Gail's?"

Comment

Ah, I'd forgotten that.

As my sister lives in Manhattan she is even more out of touch with Coronation Street than I am.

She has now returned to the room and will sit there, frequently pointing at the screen saying things like "Who's that?", "He's aged," "So are those two married?" "I thought those two were friends? Why's he doing that?", "I never liked him although he was good in that other programme", "I see they're still in it. How old are they now?", "Why isn't she speaking to him?", "Why's he doing that" (about something that was explained two minutes earlier but which she missed because she was driving me mad with questions).

Ah, here we go:

"Is she supposed to be Sally's kid? How old is she supposed to be? How does she know him? Why are they hiding like that? I thought Sally's kid was called Sarah? Or is that Gail's?"

I only "watch" it when I'm over here, so pretty rare.

I don't ask the questions for two reasons:

1) My father in law will kill me for interrupting the programme
        2) I really don't care about it
        Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

'He's aged, Jim McDonald."

"Steve McDonald's still losing his hair."

Comment

My sister in law bought me a harmonica and teach yourself how to play it kit for Christmas - maybe I should start playing the blues through Corrie and see how long I last.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

She's not wrong, but who gives a f***????
              Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Oh dear lord it's tedious.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Commercial break!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

She's not wrong, but who gives a f***????
                    Indeed... one can just about accept somebody asking a question if they are having trouble following the plot, but mere statements of the bleeding obvious...

Comment

Evening all

In a room with some very noisy and over excited kids playing Mario Olympics on the Nintendo WII - the noise is intense
                      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                      X