• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

54245?

<prays>

Comment

Today, 17:59 #54245
      zeitghost
      More fingers than teeth

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
      Originally Posted by NickFitz
      So he says "Look out, duck!"

Comment

In a crash at 30mph, if you are unrestrained, you will hit the front seat, and anyone in it, with a force of between 30 and 60 times your own body weight.

This could result in death or serious injury to you and people sitting in the front seat.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Ah.

The duck joke:

Spike: "Duck, Buffy!"

Buffy: "There's a duck"...

<Clang> as Buffy is hit with something heavy...

Series 7 episode with Spike living in the school basement...
          Really?

I first heard it (in the version I gave) from a friend of mine in a pub about sixteen years ago.

He's dead now, so I can't establish where he got it from

Oh, and nice pali

Comment

Any compensation for injury following an accident may be reduced if you were not wearing a seat belt.

Comment

In law:

You must wear a seat belt in cars and goods vehicles where one is fitted. There are very few exceptions to this. The driver is liable to prosecution if a child under 14 years does not wear a seat belt or child restraint.
              You must not carry an unrestrained child in the front seat of any vehicle.
              Children up to 135cms in height must use the appropriate child restraint when travelling in any car, van or goods vehicle - there are very few exceptions.
              A child may use an adult belt when they reach 135cm or the age of 12.
              In buses and coaches with seat belts fitted, passengers aged 14 years and above must use them. Passengers on vehicles used for public fare-paying passengers on 30mph roads are exempt.

Comment

That's my nieces' dragons counted out

I do believe I am very nearly ready to commence my journey

Comment

I now have to decide which route to take.

There's the motorway followed by a long and winding A road, the motorway a bit more followed by a short stretch of A road which seems to have a fatal accident on it approximately every five minutes, or a different A road to the first two all the way.

The third option includes lots of bypasses, but there's very little dual carriageway.

Also more likely to encounter localised frost on option three...

Decisions...

Comment

Option 1 is confusing at certain points if I remember correctly.

On the other hand, it shouldn't be very busy.

Comment

I think I shall rule out option 2 - I don't trust that road when people have been scooting around having "just one glass of sherry" as they deliver unwanted gifts to each other.

They manage to kill each other when perfectly sober in broad daylight down there, and I think it was last year or the year before that they were clearing the remains of a head-on collision as I was going along there.

That was about midday on a Sunday in the summer

Comment

Working...
                      X