• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and it gave a predisposition to the healthy to imbibe the contaigion, lassitute and despondency being its powerful auxiliaries.

Comment

assisted by the great heat, the fever appeared to decompose the very substance of the blood;

Comment

and its progress was so rapid, that no medicine could operate before death closed the scene of suffering.

Comment

i had no surgeon on board, and from a medicine chest i in vain administered the common remedies.

Comment

DS23: this will be your The Fever Ship translation, yes?
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

arrr captain. transcription would be a better term than translate though.

Comment

but what remedies could be expected to act with efficacy, where the disease destroyed life almost as quickly as the current of life circulated?

Comment

i had but five men able to do duty, and never can i forget my feelings when three of these were taken ill on the fourth day of our unhappy inactivity.

Comment

one of the sick expired, as i stood by his cot, in horrible convulsions.

Comment

his skin was of a deep saffron hue; watery blood oozed from every pore, and from the corners of his eyes; he seemed dissolving into blood, liquifying into death.

Comment

Working...
                      X