• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and it is lunchtime...

Comment

cheese and pickle sarnie i think

Comment

or ham, tomato and mustard?

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
          yeah they probably would have been pre-intel
          Yup, pre-Intel wasn't good enough for serious Windows work - VirtualPC for PowerPC was very clever, but not adequate.

Just now I had to investigate a report of a bug on IE 7. I opened up the saved Windows VM with IE 7 on it (took about 20 seconds to restore state, but it had several applications open within it - anyway, still no slower than booting Windows). Then I fired up VS.Net and attached the debugger to the IE 7 process, did my debugging, sorted the issue, and suspended the VM again (took another three seconds or so).

While I was doing this I was able to check my mail (in OS X's Mail app), and post on here using Safari. Oh, I was editing in Eclipse running on the Mac, as well. In fact, I was also running an HTTP debugging proxy on the Mac as a proxy for IE.

If I'm doing Java Servlet stuff, I have Tomcat on the Mac. If I'm doing PHP, guess what, it comes with the Mac's Apache installation. If I'm working with ASP.NET (or even Classic ASP), no problem, it runs on the Mac... just inside a Windows VM that's integrated with the Mac desktop.

As I say, best of both worlds. Why limit your options?

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            I keep getting kicked out of the site....

Maybe the Mods don't want me to be Godlike
            In what way kicked out?

Comment

wow - what alot of posts since last visit...

Comment

I am jacket potato - beans sweetcorn no butter.

Its a green day today.

From a lovely little Italian take-away next door.

Comment

and how much is this mother of all machines?

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                    can you use the right mouse button? That's what i can't be doing with macs - I hate the mice I HATE THEM!
                    Yes. And the scroll wheel. Macs have only supported them since around 1990, though - oh hang on, wasn't that around the time Windows 3 came out?

I use a Microsoft mouse, actually. One of the few good things MS ever made

Comment

and where can i get one?

Comment

Working...
                      X