• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6k tonight? hmm. i might and then again... i might not.

Comment

Going through thiis Python tutorial and just got to i/o. It skims file handling then mentions pickle. That sounds interesting.
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
        I really must pay more attention.
        i thought you were paying rather a lot of attention. thought? you are paying a lot of attention. but on tpd milestones at the expense of your own. what a guy!

Comment

Excellent... all the database stuff sorted, and pluggable renderers...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            Slowly we approach the magical 16k.... post by post by post by post...
            that is the best way to do it.

is it really magical?

Comment

not a tree?

Comment

i'm sure willow is a tree.

it is also a film i think.

Comment

and probably a drugged up hippy dance

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    I wish I knew what on earth you were talking about... wot's a pluggable renderer?

Is it to do with mad cows?
                    It allows the same data to be output in different forms: I initially need HTML, but Facebook expects FBML, and at a later stage I might want JSON, or XML... CSV even

The same model and controller code is used whatever the required return type, then the appropriate renderer is selected and returns the data in the correct form.

It helps encapsulate important security stuff (preventing XSS attacks and such) in one place at output time... meaning we don't have to be concerned about putting unusual characters into the database, as long as we prevent SQL injection, of course

For example, HTML needs < converted to &lt; - otherwise it would be possible for a malicious person to insert JavaScript into the output that could do naughty things.

Comment

i expect that if it is a film it is also a book

Comment

Working...
                      X