• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    There was some confusion in the meeting when assignment of tasks for the next sprint was being sorted out.

They asked me when I was finishing for Christmas, so I told them next Friday.

Then they asked what date I'd be back in the New Year and I pointed out that as my contract wasn't being renewed, I wouldn't be

It appears nobody had told them
    D'oh!!!!
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Another amusing aspect of the whole thing was that we were in a meeting room which has recently been equipped as a video conferencing suite.

No expense has been spared, and it boasts a huge plasma screen, a very impressive camera, and high speed connectivity over IP via ClientCorp's worldwide network.

Unfortunately the three team members in France hadn't managed to book a similarly-equipped room at their end (if there is one). We therefore finished up with them talking over Skype through the internal speakers of the PM's laptop while somebody else fiddled around trying to get a webcam working
      Who thought that one through? Or in this case didn’t..
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
        Who thought that one through? Or in this case didn’t..
        Nobody

Comment

Where I come from the board room is the most important room in the office – whoever neglected to think that through should be spanked
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Where I come from the board room is the most important room in the office – whoever neglected to think that through should be spanked
            This wasn't the board room - just another meeting room, one of a couple of dozen, of which about half a dozen are similarly equipped. We're dead posh, us

Comment

This wasn't the board room - just another meeting room, one of a couple of dozen, of which about half a dozen are similarly equipped. We're dead posh, us
              I’d probably fit in quite well then!

Comment

I’d probably fit in quite well then!

No suits, mind

Comment

Beautiful sunset over Soho to my right

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    Coz my life is boring.

Especially today with all these vivas going on...

'King 'Eck, it's boring...
                    the day is nearly over sweety zeity...
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

No suits, mind
                      I can do no suits

Comment

Working...
                      X