• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    I'm not here really. Just dropping a bit of graffiti on the wall. Having trouble sleeping, again, see. Bored of staring at the ceiling in the dark. Thinking of things. As you do.

Hello, NickFitz

I'm off to play games now...
    Hi BI, if you're still there, or if you pop in again

How's it going? Haven't seen you in a bit, although I wasn't sure if that was because I was (whisper it) not reading everything during the week

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Hi BI, if you're still there, or if you pop in again

How's it going? Haven't seen you in a bit, although I wasn't sure if that was because I was (whisper it) not reading everything during the week
      I've been whizzing around the country going to interviews and helping why wife with her work (she works from home).

Sitting next to her posting banananananas to TPD while she's working 14 hours a day seems a little ... unfair. So I try to look busy in Jobserve instead!
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Morning all
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Today I have a bad feeling.
          I think that after last nights high wind and heavy rain, my site on the docks is going to be a disaster zone.
          I am going to finish this cuppa (3rd this morning) and zoom down to the dock to confirm my suspicions.

Comment

Newport, United Kingdom
            SEVERE WEATHER ALERT
            Forecast Details:
            Cloudy and windy with periods of light rain. High 47F. Winds W at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 90%.

Thunder is shaking the house.
            Wind gusts are shaking my touring caravan on the drive so badly I had to go out and strap it down.
            Rain is coming down like a bloody waterfall

Comment

Adequacy

Comment

< start cheesy tom jones impersonation>

A space isn't a valid character after a <

WTF

It's:
                Monty Python's... no no no sorry

It's:
                Code:
                <?xml version="1.0" xml:lang="en-UK"?>
                <impersonation artiste="Tom Jones" nature="cheesy">
                    <![CDATA[most unusual]]>
                </impersonation>
                Do try to keep up, people

Oh, BTW:

<![CDATA[not unusual]]>
                Pedant

Comment

I have been drinking, and indeed, I am moderately drunk.

There is a kebab shop approximately 200 yards away on the other side of the road.

I have peered down the road from my bay window, and it is still open.

What to do...
                  Don't do it!

Comment

There's a new chap in there, an Essex native if I surmise correctly.

What is it with these Essex folk? Are they actually trying to be annoying in every aspect of their character, demeanor, and social skills (or lack thereof)? Or is some recessive gene being expressed in them because of the incorrigible inbreeding practices of their forebears (no, not bears like you, Bear)?

Notice, by the way, that my brackets are only ever one level deep. This proves that I have never been a Lisp hacker
                    Is that like a lip smacker

Comment

Not to say that I can't nest stuff

While I was cooking my dinner I thought of one of the nastiest ways of writing code that has ever occurred to me. It combines all the demerits of computed GOTOs, needless closures, and an excessive dependance on the Factory pattern into a bizarre mish-mash of asynchronously-interacting elements

I might play with this bizarre approach to things again tomorrow... if I have time after I've edited all the pictures I took of Carling
                      Why the Edit, post the lot pal

Comment

Working...
                      X