• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Thats great news... when will you know?
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    When will you hear?
    Not sure, but probably quite soon.

I think it bodes well that:
    1. NewClientCorp is actually OldClientCorp, as I worked for two years on some very high profile projects with one of their teams at a different location;
    2. The guy who asked me to come in is the same manager who brought me into ClientCorp, who is leaving shortly for NewClientCorp;
    3. Of the three interviewers, two have previously worked at ClientCorp, having been hired by said manager;
    4. One of those two is actually a guy I've known for several years from assorted geeky social events;
    5. All three were sufficiently geeky that they were fascinated to hear of my experience as a games programmer in the Eighties (despite it having no direct relevance to the job) which meant I had them fascinated right from the start;
    6. They are looking to hire only the very best, and I am... well, modesty forbids... ah sod it, I'm bloody good at this stuff

So I think a small banana might be in order:

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

1. NewClientCorp is actually OldClientCorp, as I worked for two years on some very high profile projects with one of their teams at a different location;
      2. The guy who asked me to come in is the same manager who brought me into ClientCorp, who is leaving shortly for NewClientCorp;
      3. Of the three interviewers, two have previously worked at ClientCorp, having been hired by said manager;
      4. One of those two is actually a guy I've known for several years from assorted geeky social events;
      5. All three were sufficiently geeky that they were fascinated to hear of my experience as a games programmer in the Eighties (despite it having no direct relevance to the job) which meant I had them fascinated right from the start;
      6. They are looking to hire only the very best, and I am... well, modesty forbids... ah sod it, I'm bloody good at this stuff

Nice!

I had that on this job.

Already had an informal chat with two guys to see if I was interested, and they then asked me to apply.

Formal interview with same two guys, plus technical guy. Technical guy and I joined BigSoftwareCompany together and worked on the same project at the start. Functional guy (one of the first two) worked at BigSoftwareCompany, and was on a training course with me as well.

One technical question was about reporting (everyone got the same questions, so they had to ask). I was reporting lead when I worked with Techie Guy, since I knew it and he didn't. Afterwards, he was really apologetic about having to ask noddy questions like that...
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Oh yes, but it might get me banned...
        I've got a special lollipop if you want
        Choices choices.....
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

So how are you getting to the shops from the station?
          shanke's pony....
          Bazza gets caught

Comment

thats really good - from me to you!
            Bazza gets caught

Comment

Nice!
              Cheers, old boy

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
              thats really good - from me to you!
              Cheers, babe - ooh, two bananas!

Comment

Cheers, babe - ooh, two bananas!
                And we all know what you can do with two bananas....

Better if they're frozen though.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

AGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
                  Bazza gets caught

Comment

add custard, hundreds & thousands, glace cherry?

Comment

Ice can be fun.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
                      X