• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch: ham toasties

Bit of a quiet day today as ClientGov is having its annual live-in-person meet-up down in London, and most people are there. I was asked whether I was coming and politely declined. They asked why (not pressuring me, just so they have an idea of why people might choose not to go) and I pointed out that out of four visits to London on their behalf in the last three years, two have resulted in me spending a couple of weeks laid out by some foul disease, suggesting a 50:50 chance of it happening again. They agreed that this was an excellent reason not to bother going

Comment

Afternoon all

Dull but not wet. Currently 17 degrees and that's the high for the day. No rain forecast. Barometer was up to 1014 mBar but has since dropped back to 1011 mBar.

This morning I was on site at ClientCo and I came home at lunchtime as I'm meeting friends in town this evening and I didn't want to get stuck in traffic later

Scrambled maps has had an update you can now select the number of tiles the map is cut up into. Looks a lot harder now.
      EDIT: and it now tells you how many moves it took to complete the map.
      Last edited by ladymuck; Today, 15:00.

Comment

Went for a walk, as I'm fed up with being so unfit and need to get back in at least half-decent shape. Not far, just around the block, but I'm trying to get back to the old habit (broken when I caught Covid) of getting a walk in before or after work

It's easier to get the green ring closed now as you can change the time required; I'm starting with a nice, easy ten minutes, and will gradually bump it up until I'm back to thirty

Comment

Working...
        X