• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch: a bowl of Heinz oxtail soup with white toast

Still quite sunny here, though with lots of cumuli and the like floating about too

The morning has been quite enjoyable, as all I've been doing is sitting in on a Slack call with a couple of other people who are actually working on something. It's supposed to give me a chance to see how they work, get a general idea of the underpinnings of the project, and maybe even help out if I happen to notice anything that would help. So it's all very undemanding

Comment

Afternoon all

Cloudy but with blue patches. Dry. Currently 16 degrees and that's the high for the day. No rain forecast. Barometer up to 1019 mBar.

Got offered an interview for a perm role. Waiting for the email with a selection of dates and times to choose from.

Comment

Just got a reminder that some ramen kits are arriving from Wales tomorrow. I'd completely forgotten ordering them last weekend. Jay Rayner recommends them, so I'm quite looking forward to them - well, one of them; the others are for the freezer. Anyway, that's tomorrow's tea sorted out

Comment

For those who feel there aren't enough apocalyptic nightmares around at the moment, BBC4 is showing Threads next Wednesday, accompanied by several more-or-less related programmes: https://www.bbc.co.uk/schedules/p00fzl6b/2024/10/09

This will, I believe, be only the fourth time it's been broadcast by the BBC in forty years

I assume they'll be showing the recent HD restoration, which I have on Blu-ray.

Comment

Tea has been spag bol. Turned out very nicely

This was served in a "pasta bowl" which was one of the last items of crockery brought from my parents' place. I wasn't really aware such things existed, but it turns out to serve its intended purpose very well

Comment

I watched an old Traffic Cops earlier, just for a change

And a bit more of Eternity has been read

Friday tomorrow!

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Just got a reminder that some ramen kits are arriving from Wales tomorrow. I'd completely forgotten ordering them last weekend. Jay Rayner recommends them, so I'm quite looking forward to them - well, one of them; the others are for the freezer. Anyway, that's tomorrow's tea sorted out
                Matsudai? HWMBO has ordered from them lots of times, long before Jay Rayner caught wind of the place. Very good, apparently.

Comment

Working...
                X