• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch: Lincolnshire sausages and bacon in a white toast butty

Speaking of double booms, I have no idea how boomed or doomed I am at the moment. The project I'm on is aiming for completion at the end of September, as that's when everybody else's contracts run out. Mine, however, runs until next February. So either a bunch of people need extensions, or they just made mine a year long because they hadn't got any idea how long the project would actually run back then.

Or maybe they just want to keep me and move me on to something else when this is done. As I say, I have absolutely no idea; I should probably ask them

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Lunch: Lincolnshire sausages and bacon in a white toast butty
      Ooft... throw a fried egg and a square sausage on that and you earn the right to wear a kilt... or heart disease, I can't quite remember.
      Last edited by wattaj; 29 August 2023, 13:09. Reason: Poor speillng.
      ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

The leaves on the big sycamore up the road, the other side of the art deco block opposite, are starting to turn
        Last edited by NickFitz; 29 August 2023, 13:14. Reason: art, not "set"…

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post

Ooft... throw a fired egg and a square sausage on that and you earn the right to wear a kilt... or heart disease, I can't quite remember.
          Both, I think

Comment

The leaves on the big sycamore up the road, the other side of the art deco block opposite, are starting to turn
            UPDATE: just had a look on Street View to check exactly where the sycamore is and it turns out there's two of them, a few yards away from each other! The further one is the bigger of the two, and they're just the other side of the drive behind the block opposite where our bins go to be emptied, in the garden of the house next door

Comment

Chemist's popped to for the monthly prescription, and as I was popping, I also popped into the hardware store a few doors down for some panel pins

Comment

Double boomed!
                WNFS

Comment

I was bored enough today that I gave the hob a thorough cleaning. I observed that the front left ring wasn't dirty, like the gas engineer claimed, and the reason it won't stay lit is not due to the holes being blocked. I also observed that lighting the rear right ring is intermittent because the thing wot creates the spark doesn't do that reliably.

I do hasten to add that the hob wasn't exactly filthy either. Just not as pristine as usual.

Comment

The chap who mows the lawns is out there doing so in the rain which recently started. Normally he goes from side to side, but this time he's going from front to back (and back to front). Not sure why this is, or if the pigeons, squirrels, et al. will be bothered by the stripes going a different way

Comment

E.On Next (who on earth thinks these ridiculous names are a good idea?) have put me in the hands of the debt collectors

This relates to the energy supply to my old flat from the date I moved out until some time a few weeks later. I have written confirmation from them that I moved out on that date, and that my account was in credit when I did so, for which they sent me a cheque. When they later sent me a post-final bill for this period and I asked them WTF they were thinking, they also gave me written confirmation that I was not liable for the debt, and said my name had been removed from the account so I wouldn't hear any more about it
                      If they contact you again saying you owe them money remind them of the case of Ferguson v British Gas Trading Ltd [2009] EWCA Civ 46

(Yeah I googled the last bit.)
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X