• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Cheers, although the kebab isn't definite - I've just realised that there are some of last night's spare ribs left
    keep the ribs for tomorrows lunch, and grrab a kebab. you know it makes snese

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
      This is my plan, I'm due for a new contract end of this month so I'm thinking that could be a good time, but I think I'd rather do it without a Co Sec so I might leave it until April when I won't need one.
      Find someone you trust and get them to do it. My wife is company secretary, and gets paid for it. I do all the paperwork, but she signs off on it. She also approves all my expenses, which meant it was easier to get a dispensation from HMRC, as we have an expenses process.

Might as well do it now, the sooner to move the better.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        I'm just reading the Wikipedia pages of several musicians of my acquaintance. I'm tempted to start putting those citation needed links all over the place, just to give them (or their record companies) some work to do
        Here's an excellent example of an existing one:
        After being dropped by Cherry Red by 1984, constantly savaged and ridiculed by the music press, and developing total writer's block, Hewick hit rock bottom in his musical and personal life.[citation needed]

If he's in the pub, I'll let him know: "Hey, Kevin, you remember that really bad time you went through? Well, some anonymous tosser on the Internet is demanding proof."

Comment

Keep up the good work lads.
          Grandkids going to bed in a minute we hope. they have been hyper all night and run me ragged.
          Back posting in 1/2 hour I hope
          Later
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
            Keep up the good work lads.
            Grandkids going to bed in a minute we hope. they have been hyper all night and run me ragged.
            Back posting in 1/2 hour I hope
            Later
            I'll be gone by then, but keep up the posting

Comment

I'm off to bed now - night
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I just don't want anyone else held liable as an officer of the company when I get an IR35 investigation

It's only 4 months away, I think I'll wait until then.
                They wouldn't be liable - it's a directors liability rather than company secretary.

Sooner you move, the sooner you save...
                Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                  then why pay more for going limited... I don't think you will increase your take home willyou?
                  5% expenses.

VAT savings on FRS.

Sooner you move, the more you save, even if IR35 caught.

Of course, some will argue that it's not IR35 caught.

WTF is this doing in TPD?????
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                    Already done that one my friend... and there was only 1 person around to blow the balloons up.
                    I was there, but you just didn't know it.

I was lurking silently while I did my accounts. I didn't dare join in, as that would be the end of the accounts...
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

I think NW are cheaper too. I need to have a think.
                      If it were me, I would go NW.

But I've never used them, or even spoken to them. Just perception...
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
                      X