• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Hold on, you're not my wife by any chance? She's just gone to the dentist.

Or is that a code name for where the two of you meet up to have a steamy affair play Candy Crush?
    More to the point, why has my autocorrect taken to changing "to the" to "tot he"?

Comment

One of those cold, clear, crisp days in Manchesto today.

When you look out of the window you think beer garden - but then you go outside and think probably not.

anyway

happy morning everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        More to the point, why has my autocorrect taken to changing "to the" to "tot he"?
        Pron 'totty'? To liven up your posts maybe. "I'm going totty dentist" sounds much more interesting and full of promise

Comment

Dentist survived. It was a new one to the practice - young chap, very thorough, though presumably not fully booked yet. I expected a fifteen minute checkup and a couple of follow-up appointments, and instead he did just about everything today including repairing several old fillings that had broken a bit. Back for one more short appointment next Friday, and I'm done

Comment

Off tot he dentist in a bit, then the monthly prescription needs collecting, then shopping. With a bit of effort I can get it all done by lunchtime, and then the rest of the weekend's my own
            All done and dusted!

I'm going to celebrate by making a beef & Guinness stew in the slow cooker, as I apparently ought to go easy on the patched-up fillings in the back for a day or two, and a beautifully tender stew should be just the thing

Comment

To the cob shop for lunch: a bacon & sausage torpedo, with red sauce

(It's not an actual torpedo, more of a long, narrow, soft white bread roll.)

Comment

To the cob shop for lunch: a bacon & sausage torpedo, with red sauce

(It's not an actual torpedo, more of a long, narrow, soft white bread roll.)
                Isn't it a strange coincidence that Subs and Torpedo's are not just things which go under the sea but also bread types...

?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  Isn't it a strange coincidence that Subs and Torpedo's are not just things which go under the sea but also bread types...

?
                  Good point. There's also cottage loaves, many of which have never been anywhere near a cottage, though presumably if they did it would be one of those that falls off a cliff due to tidal erosion

Comment

Stew is on, as is boring laundry. And once the latter is done, I need to pop along to the pillar box to post a Mothers' Day card, and then onwards to the Amazon Locker to pick up some books, there being approximately one cubic foot of space in the flat that isn't yet filled with books

Comment

Stew is on, as is boring laundry. And once the latter is done, I need to pop along to the pillar box to post a Mothers' Day card, and then onwards to the Amazon Locker to pick up some books, there being approximately one cubic foot of space in the flat that isn't yet filled with books
                      I need to nick <sic> some slow cooker recipes from you sometime, old chap

(at the risk of getting Mumsnet accusations and ruining my street cred)

Comment

Working...
                      X