• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First morning back survived

I spent a while looking through what I'd ben working on before I was unexpectedly prevented from returning. Lots of nice tests, and some pretty neat queryset methods, though I say it myself. Then I was told that due to the business wanting the stuff in a hurry, somebody else had had to get it working, so I might as well chuck everything I'd done

So I've ended up dealing with something completely different

Comment

M&S BBQ chicken bits in a wholemeal cob for lunch, with a bag of ready salted

Healthy eating will have to wait until I've finished off the 3-for-£x stuff (can't even remember how much it was) I got from M&S for use in lunches at the start of December

Comment

Afternoon all.

Bit quiet in here today.

Comment

Home!

Very rainy from Kettering onwards but otherwise a good run - 1h 20m from car park to back gate, according to Google Maps
          Last edited by NickFitz; 13 February 2018, 18:17. Reason: FFS autocorrect, how do you get from "rainy" to "tiny"?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Home!

Very rainy from Kettering onwards but otherwise a good run - 1h 20m from car park to back gate, according to Google Maps
            not got a watch then?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              not got a watch then?
              Never remember to check the time when I leave - I just want to get away ASAP

Comment

Just been for a walk, and it's dashed cold out there even though it hasn't got below freezing yet

I followed mainly residential back streets, and as a result I only passed twelve takeaways on the journey, all in the last few hundred yards

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Home!

Half term in our neck of the woods, which always results in lighter traffic. Although my commute today was about 30 metres, and I still managed to be late.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    Half term in our neck of the woods, which always results in lighter traffic. Although my commute today was about 30 metres, and I still managed to be late.
                    I think it must be half term at that end, though that only seems to affect the morning journey when I go through what I always thought was some suburb until I looked at a map and discovered it's actually the middle of the town, due to most of what passes as the town nowadays being comparatively recent estates to the north of the old town centre.

In the evening I take the bypass to the A14, as that's usually faster westbound than east due to all the roadworks down towards Cambridge. There doesn't seem to be any school traffic in that area, probably because it's all fens and stuff

Comment

Tonight's repast has been chicken in red wine sauce, with chips and petits pois; and very nice it was

Suppose I should get to bed soon what with the temperature plummeting, meaning I'll have to scrape the car windscreen first thing

Comment

Working...
                      X