• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon denizens

Bit grey and rainy out there, though the rain seems to be petering out now

Comment

Bacon cob for lunch, as I replenished my stock of crusty white cobs yesterday

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          In the Chinese
          And very nice it was

Back to mucking around trying to get various bits working

if it isn't sorted out by eleven, I'm giving up until tomorrow and watching telly instead

Comment

if it isn't sorted out by eleven, I'm giving up until tomorrow and watching telly instead
            Heart disease can have that effect. No shame in the little blue pill.

Comment

Sometimes, all you need is a bit of gaffer tape....

Comment

Originally posted by Seahorse17 View Post
                Heart disease can have that effect. No shame in the little blue pill.
                This is Celery, RabbitMQ, AWS RDS (Postgres), and Django all conspiring together to play silly buggers

Time for a beer and some telly, I reckon

Comment

This is Celery, RabbitMQ, AWS RDS (Postgres), and Django all conspiring together to play silly buggers

Time for a beer and some telly, I reckon
                  Ah, turns out it's AWS Database Migration Service - for reasons I simply cannot fathom, it doesn't replicate sequences and links when replicating a schema. This means that when you attempt to insert a new record, the table doesn't know how to generate a primary key for it, so everything fails miserably

I'll have to knock together a script to copy those across from the working local DB somehow

As it happens, the most important table uses a string from an external source for its primary key, so it's not an issue there. As I can derive everything else from those records, I don't need to worry about it tonight

Now, where's that beer

Comment

In fact, I remember running up against that irritating aspect of AWS DMS back in November, but it had slipped my mind due to various other things going on since then

Tonight's film was the classic High Plains Drifter (1973), featuring that Clint Eastwood fellow as the eponymous drifter. I remember watching it some time in the late 1980s, but I'd forgotten enough detail to make it an enjoyable experience

And a bit more of The Americans after that. Nearly half way through, after which I'll have to wait for the new series that's coming this year.

Goodnight all

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Quite sunny here today for a change, and mild too

Comment

Working...
                      X