• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    They have guidelines? Don’t let Admin know, he might try implementing them.
    He reads them out at the mod Christmas party each year. Putting your fingers in your ears and screaming LA-LA-LA does not excuse you from them....

Comment

Back from the depths of the hospital to where there’s a mobile signal. All done and dusted. Just got to walk home now

Comment

…and home

Actually, I got home about half an hour ago, but I phoned my mum to let her know how things had gone.

Total distance walked so far today, including trailing round the innumerable corridors of the hospital, comes to nearly seven miles

Oh, and I'm now allowed to drive

Comment

Lunch was a sausage and bacon roll from the cob shop

Having checked the cupboards and what have you, I've concluded that I don't actually need to go shopping today. So I have no particular reason to drive anywhere, even though I now can for the first time in nearly eight weeks

I'll think of an excuse tomorrow instead

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            …and home

Actually, I got home about half an hour ago, but I phoned my mum to let her know how things had gone.

Total distance walked so far today, including trailing round the innumerable corridors of the hospital, comes to nearly seven miles

Oh, and I'm now allowed to drive

And are you fit to work?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Lunch was a sausage and bacon roll from the cob shop

Having checked the cupboards and what have you, I've concluded that I don't actually need to go shopping today. So I have no particular reason to drive anywhere, even though I now can for the first time in nearly eight weeks

I'll think of an excuse tomorrow instead
              I am sure there is an Orion Owners club outing most days.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

And are you fit to work?
                Never have been, never will be

But medically speaking, yes

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  I am sure there is an Orion Owners club outing most days.....
                  I need to take the Orion to the physiologist, as the nearside corner of the front bumper is a bit loose due to corrosion. It'll hold OK for a while, but I need to get it sorted out before I risk motorways or anything - bits of the the front of the car falling off is the last thing I need

But I found an excuse to take the Toyota out

I thought I'd check its tyres while the weather was OK and there was still some light. This involved moving it, as it's parked close to a fence behind and the tyre pump is in the boot.

However, the battery was fairly flat - it struggled, and the engine caught after a second or two, but I clearly wasn't getting another start out of it until it had recharged properly. This is probably due to when I checked it a week or two ago by starting it, which must have run the battery down a bit more when it had already been sitting there draining slowly for nearly two months.

I left it running while I got all the tyres sorted out, and then had to take it for a drive of a reasonable duration to recharge the battery. So I headed down to the M69, blasted down there to the A5 junction, and then took the back road into Hinckley.

It turns out Hinckley is in severe need of a bypass or two itself. (Geddit?) I eventually found myself heading north on the A47 as planned, but I'm still not sure if I got lost and accidentally found the right way without realising it, or if I followed the route intended by the town planners.

Anyway, that eventually brought me home after nearly an hour of driving, so hopefully the battery is suitably reinvigorated

Comment

Popped in to the small Wilkos just down the road. The woman on the till looked vaguely familiar, and she seemed to recognise me too. After giving the matter some thought on the way home, I've concluded that she used to work in the Co-op a few doors further down (which I barely visit since Sainsbury's Local opened).

This is the corollary to the incident last year when I did go to the Co-op, and the same thing happened with a different woman on the till there, who I eventually remembered used to work in the cob shop over the road.

It's almost like living in a community round here sometimes

Comment

Tonight's tea has been pork chops, with the usual chips, peas, and gravy, accompanied by liver surgery and gene therapy on the surgeon show

And the recycling bin has been trundled forth in its splendour

Comment

Working...
                      X