• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    The beer might be better for him.

The broth has been sitting on the stove since prior to his hospital "break"
    No it hasn't. It was cooked in the slow cooker from Saturday afternoon until about 1am on Sunday morning, left there overnight to cool down, then put in the fridge covered with cling film around 9:30am.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Cancelled

They've just had an emergency brought in, so I'm bumped off the list
      Bummer.

Comment

Fed up with being stuck in this sodding place

Even more annoyed that having been bumped off today's list, they've put me in the afternoon again for tomorrow. I know it's not like waiting for a bus, but still

Comment

Even more annoyed that having been bumped off today's list, they've put me in the afternoon again for tomorrow. I know it's not like waiting for a bus, but still

Hey

Almost there, keep your chin up.
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Er, have you thought about complaining of chest pains...

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Er, have you thought about complaining of chest pains...
              I have

That kind of thing can backfire, though: "Well, we couldn't see anything on the angiogram but you said the pains were coming back, so we'd better keep you in and monitor you some more over the weekend."

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                Hey

Almost there, keep your chin up.
                +1 and the broth will be nicely matured when you get home

Comment

I have

That kind of thing can backfire, though: "Well, we couldn't see anything on the angiogram but you said the pains were coming back, so we'd better keep you in and monitor you some more over the weekend."
                  This is true. Probably best to let the NHS mechanisms run their due course. But it does seem crazy when a bed is occupied for best part of a week for the sake of an angiogram. Such is the public health service. (Don't forget the IPSE cover if you need it!)

Comment

The young chap to my left discharged himself yesterday (I think that's what happened) and a new chap was installed while I was asleep, at three in the morning.

New chap was found to probably not be having a heart attack, but they had to wait for his troponin test to be processed to be sure, and the lab equipment here broke down, so they had to send his test to the Royal Infirmary. They sorted out a prescription for him, on the understanding that if his troponin was, as expected, OK he just needed those medicines; no further tests or consultations required.

So the test result came back, and he was OK, and naturally he wanted to leave; but they couldn't give him his bag of medicines because the pharmacists have gone home and left it locked inside the pharmacy

He asked if he could just go home and come back tomorrow to collect the bag. They replied that while they couldn't recommend that, they quite understood if he decided to do so. I couldn't see the medical chap speaking because of the curtain, but I suspect he was nodding his head towards the door while winking and/or raising an eyebrow as he said this

So he's gone home and, barring any new arrivals, I'll have the room to myself tonight
                    Last edited by NickFitz; 7 December 2017, 22:55.

Comment

To add to the general crappiness of being here, I have to try to sleep with a sodding great cannula, with dangly bits, in the back of my hand. This will inevitably keep getting caught in the covers and waking me up every time I get near proper sleep

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X