• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horrible thing to happen

Comment

'Tis looking very grey out there today, with misty moisty precipitation in progress.

Glad I'm not driving to Cardiff today.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        I might do some if I could see the floor in ZeityTowers.

There seems little point in cleaning much of ZeityParentsTowers, all in all.

Breakfast has, so far, consisted of two mugs of tea.
        Eaten some fried eggs.

Wish I hadn't eaten all that stuff last evening.

Wish my new extended family weren't all fecking Korbynistas.
        You can either not talk politics with them or become more conservative with big C and wind them up.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Eaten some fried eggs.

You can either not talk politics with them or become more conservative with big C and wind them up.
          Fried eggs? Can't remember the last time I had a fried egg.

Sunday "Dinner" (rather than "lunch") will consist of roast lamb, since it's a roast lamb week rather than a roast beef week.

You should have seen the face of the chief Korbynista who was on the same table as the ex MP and forced by ZeitSis (SWMBO) to speak to him nicely.

Twas a picture.

Sucking lemons springs readily to mind.

And once the MP had quite sensibly buggered off, not wishing to go deaf listening to the "band", the chief Korbynista was doing impressions to convey his opinion of Tories.

I much prefer my previous brother in law, but there you go, I don't have to sleep with either of them, thank goodness.

The other funny thing was the discussion about cars.

One of Korbynista's brats had bought a VW Polo.

Of course, rather than the rather nice £750 VW Polo that Zeity wanted, this Polo was a 2014 model & thusly rather more than £750.

I forgot to tell them that I'd done 105k in my last Polo, the 1 litre go slower version.
          Last edited by zeitghost; 3 September 2017, 11:35.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey day out there

Comment

Pretty grey, but at least I can see the other side of the vaaalleeey, now, boyo, there's tidy then, butty bach.

In other news, the ZeitSundayLunch has consisted of a tin of beans with little sausages (which taste exactly like one would expect such a sausage to taste) on toasted Hovis wholemeal with spelt (whatever the feck that is).

It was ok, considering the somewhat fragile nature of the ZeitConstitution today.

Found an ancient advert for "Texas Homecare Ltd" in a South Wales Evening Post from 1988.

They were almost as big as B&Q at one time, before disappearing never to be seen again.

The store in Swansea was in Llansamlet IIRC, the site of which was turned into, you guessed it, a Comet store.

I reckon the site is witched.
              Last edited by zeitghost; 3 September 2017, 12:03.

Comment

Found an ancient advert for "Texas Homecare Ltd" in a South Wales Evening Post from 1988.

They were almost as big as B&Q at one time, before disappearing never to be seen again.

The store in Swansea was in Llansamlet IIRC, the site of which was turned into, you guessed it, a Comet store.

I reckon the site is witched.
                Bought out by Sainsbury's, which converted some stores to Homebase and disposed of others: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Homecare

Comment

Had a couple of plums for breakfast, in a vague nod towards the notion of healthy eating

Comment

ZeitSis had some damsons on the table yesterday before the assembled congregation left for the jollities & fun.

Was tucking into same until the last one I picked out of the bowl had a lovely little snail on it, which sort of curtailed the consumption of the remainder.

Said damson & snail were then deposited in the garden.

Time, I suppose, to offbugger to points Tesco, Lidl & Morrisons.

Maybe I'll pass on Lidl, otherwise there'll be more tools purchased & the fecking house is nearly falling down now.

Comment

Sausage and bacon cob for lunch, which disposes of the last of those for this weekend

Comment

Working...
                      X