• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    If you regard 15 deg C as "mild".

Went out this morning & left all the upstairs windows open.

You could store sides of beef up there now.
    17°C here, according to the weather app, which is maybe towards the bottom end of "mild" but certainly doesn't stray into "chilly"

I'd quite like having a side of beef to hand

Comment

Looks like Monday's eclipse will be it's usual mindblowing celestial event yet again.

Starts at 19:40 & ends at sunset.

Blink & thou shalt miss it.

All 4% of it.<-probably not needed since it'll be 10/10ths cloud cover around here, just like normal.

Comment

Crusty smoked bacon cob for lunch

Comment

To the Amazon Locker, to pick up some bits. This, of course, triggered a shower which started to rain on me shortly after I went out the back door, and ended shortly before I got back in

Comment

Sunny here.

Lunch consisted, once again, of baked beans with little sausages, augmented with yet another of the sage & onion sausage rolls.

This time I timed things so the sausage roll didn't strip the skin from my pallate due to being much too hot to eat.

Currently measuring stuff to see if I can persuade a cooker hood to fit in some sort of bodge in ZeityTowers, the appearance of such not being high on my list of priorities, all in all.

And The ZeitTea, this afternoon, was a GAL sized portion of spag bol, with the bol being freshly prepared with 500gm of mince from Morrisons that had been reduced to 25p.

The spag was quite refreshingly excessively large and I'm now stuffed, but there's 4 more portions of bol to go in the freezer.

The jar said it was for 600gm of mince but it didn't really make much difference.

It can never be too tomato-ey.

In other news, having levered off a remarkably firmly stuck piece of plastic above the window in the kitchen in ZeityTowers, I still can't see wtf the cable for the light disappears to.

And everything is covered either in some sort of render or in white silicone gunk, both of which are impossible to see through.

The various "detectors" I've got are about as much help as a chocolate teapot.

I dunno what they're detecting but it doesn't seem to be the cable I'm looking for.

Even the lw radio technique doesn't seem to work.

Baffled of Neath.
            Last edited by zeitghost; 19 August 2017, 16:46.

Comment

Laundering some towels. It all helps pass the time

I'm heading south tomorrow morning, for we are having a family lunch to celebrate my sister's birthday. Should make a change.

Comment

Forgot to say earlier embarrassed the guy next to me into cleaning up his exercise area after the exercise class.

I finally found the sweaty culprit others have been complaining about.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Watching a Channel 5 tribute to Sir Bruce.

Comment

I wonder if I can see Have I Got News For You with Sir Bruce again...

Comment

In the Chinese. There were other customers in here!

They've gone now, pork balls in hand (well, in a bag).

Comment

Working...
                      X