• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My slow roasted pork shoulder has around an hour and a half to go.

The crackling as come up like a Rhinos back, it is now quite happily sitting at 130 degrees c.

People can say what they like about WFH, but the one thing I do know it helps me eat better
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      My slow roasted pork shoulder has around an hour and a half to go.

The crackling as come up like a Rhinos back, it is now quite happily sitting at 130 degrees c.

People can say what they like about WFH, but the one thing I do know it helps me eat better
      Hmm I always struggle to get the crackling to work well - it does look good but ends up being hard as nails...

any tips?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        Hmm I always struggle to get the crackling to work well - it does look good but ends up being hard as nails...

any tips?
        Its mainly in the bit of pig you get these days I'm afraid.

Good butcher, good breed (Gloucester Old Spot, Tanworth, Saddle back) and allowed to roam (whilst its alive, obviously, before some smart chunt chimes up on here ).

Beast killed on site and hung there to mature.

I usually buy around 2KG of shoulder, belly, or leg for this method.

If it is nice and dry, i.e. straight out of the butchers counter with nice and dry skin, just rub salt into skin and season.
        Still give it a little time, half hour or so, to warm up from the fridge, before sticking in the hot oven.

If the pork is vacuum packed, cut off plastic and allow it to air, rub lots of sea salt into skin.
        Leave an hour use paper towel to soak up any water on skin.
        Rub more salt into skin and season the whole thing.

Then

Fan oven 220 degrees c plus, pre heated.
        After 25 mins or so skin should be rising up and blistering.
        Switch down to 130 degrees c
        Cook for around 3 to 3.5 hours.

Delia Smith Signing Out
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

WTF are we not allowed to mention now?

It's beyond belief.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

It's beyond belief.
            I'll take a guess, part of it is an Exit.

I'm bored of it and an unlikely censorship supporter at the moment
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Home!

Quite a good run back until the motorway junction, when some kind of problem northbound was having the usual knock on effect on the exit

It was bright enough when I left ClientCo that I put my sunglasses on, and it continued to be a pleasant afternoon most of the way back. Got here and a massive pall of grey cloud hung over the city, which had clearly been raining torrentially. But, unusually, by the time I got home it had moved on, and now it's mildly sunny out

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

It's beyond belief.
                The war?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  The war?
                  I've mentioned it once or twice but I think I got away with it. :nazi:

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    The war?
                    That's fine now.

No feckin' worries
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Feck me, it's 4 years since my nephew got married, which is, I think, the last time the ZeitParents went to Cardiff.

Lot of water under various bridges since then.

Discussing "The Blue Dahlia" in work, my friend managed to conflate it with "The Black Dahlia" (2006), which was a completely different film about the murder of Elmore Leonard James Ellroy's mother IIRC.

Yup:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Ellroy

Apparently Kim Basinger was made up to look like Veronica Lake in the film "L. A. Confidential", which presumably went over the heads of most viewers who weren't fans of classic Noir.
                      Last edited by zeitghost; 27 July 2017, 17:43.

Comment

Working...
                      X