• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool and grey, what's not to like? <-

Bored Now beyond the endurance of life, but not as we know it.

No wonder I have peculiar dreams.

Comment

Home and, finally: weekend!

Pretty chronic drive back. Traffic seemed a lot heavier than usual, and a broken-down horse box blocking one lane of the A14 by junction 22 didn't help

Comment

^See? Driving like a madperson again.

Got charged £4.84 for a £1.06 can of 'bow in Morrisons.

Halfway home, thought that the bill had been a bit steep.

Went back.

Got refunded rather more than the £3.72 I was expecting when I got £4.84 back.

A minor win for Zeity, which makes a pleasant change.

So the ZeitFridayTea has been cooked & eaten. M&S chunky breaded haddock once again.

Yum.

And the first pass of this week's laundry is in the dryer while the shirts pass is in progress.

By a cunning wheeze, both dryer & washing machine should finish at about the same time.

I seem to be getting the hang of this at last. .

And the batphone is currently informing me that its battery is rather flatter than it likes so I'd better go & plug the fecker into the charger.
        Last edited by zeitghost; 7 July 2017, 17:27.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          ^See? Driving like a madperson again.
          If all those other people would just GET OFF MY DAMN ROADS then I'd be able to relax more

Comment

I've eaten too much...
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Currently watching Queen Amygdala in "Jane got a gun" whilst waiting for the lentil <pffffft> soup to cook and the final lot of washing to come out of the washing machine.

I'm not quite sure which of those is the more interesting.

Queen Amygdala's tale seems a bit meh, really.

Though she has blown someone's head off with a Colt Walker revolver.

The washing machine has decided it's done.
              Last edited by zeitghost; 7 July 2017, 22:33.

Comment

Tonight's repast has been masala chicken, with rice and naan

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                I've eaten too much...
                This, but in a good way

Comment

Fun fact: I'd had my new cooker, which has a very fine grill, for over three months before it occurred to me that I no longer needed to cut my naan in half and stick it in the toaster

Comment

The lentil <pffffft> soup seems to suffer from a surfeit, not of lampreys, but of parsnip.

Ho hum.

It just makes it a bit more <pffffft>y that it is usually.

The stock is boiling on the stove so I can make some more tomorrow, stocks in the freezer being at a low ebb & all that.

Queen Amygdala is telling her sad story of forced prostitution and the like.

We've just had the second shooting in the current timeline with 4 or 5 shootings back in the day, plus a drowning.

Comment

Time for a beer and a film

Comment

Working...
                      X