• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Century drivel.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      True.

I never do ANYTHING to my bike except ride it and take it to halfords.

Which promoted this witty put down from Dallas: -
      http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ml#post1602248
      I can fix punctures, clean it and I take my bike to the bloke on the next road to fix other things.

That reminds me I need to put my working bell on my bike.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Shopping done

Hopefully it'll be enough to see me through to the end of next week, when I can get back to my normal routine

I'm working my way through the meat in the freezer, which means less shopping required overall. Tonight will be sausage and onion casserole, using up a couple of packs of M&S sausages bought on their two for a fiver promotions: one from January, one from May.

And I bought a medium and a small Pyrex bowl, as the large one I already have always seems like overkill for the small quantities I usually use when mixing stuff. Turns out they're much cheaper than I expected - £4.50 and £4

Next: the dentist

Comment

Back from the dentist. Turns out the two slightly broken teeth are due to old fillings crumbling, so I'm back there in three weeks to have them patched up/replaced

Comment

Time for hot buttered crumpets

Comment

Just went to pay my quarterly fuel bill, and their estimate was so high it drove me down to the cellar to take actual readings. Submitted them, and the bill is halved

Comment

Still working.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Cottage pie for dinner...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    The only one that caught my fancy (apart from a couple I already had) was Leon. I must get around to watching that, too
                    As well as Jean Reno, it's got a very young Princess Amygdala in it.

And the ZeitTuesdayTea has been cooked & eaten.

It was, you will be amazed to learn, M&S chunky haddock in breadcrumbs with added wegetables.

Comment

According to something on the PM prog, the student with the highest mark in some skool exam or other was a bit over the age of his cohort.

At a mere 42.

See.

Douglas Adams was rite all the time.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/educat...HrABPpCGL.html
                      Last edited by zeitghost; 4 July 2017, 17:36.

Comment

Working...
                      X