• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And that's the lunch on.

Lamb this week.

The fridge next door seems to be ok at the moment.

I'm about to move stuff back into it.

Whether that's before or after the cleaning frenzy I dunno.

The little flying dinos are making a nice meal of my raspberries.

And I don't begrudge them a berry.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Tonight I watched Inherent Vice, which lots of people have raved about, possibly because it's based on a Thomas Pynchon novel and they want to appear cultured, possibly for other reasons such as really enjoying it on its own merits. I thought it was OK, but nothing that special. There were some amusing bits, and the underlying premise that's gradually revealed is fairly intriguing in a conspiracy-theory-loopy kind of way, but I was a bit "meh" for the most part, though YMMV

Having made my way through the two-and-a-bit hours of that, I fancied something a bit less obviously cerebral, and ended up watching Non-Stop again. Not really cerebral at all, but a well-crafted and well-acted thriller, with lots of guns and fights and an explosion or two, so all good

And continuing down the road away from cerebrality, I then watched a couple more episodes of Quantico, which I've abandoned for several months at least twice before, but am determined to get my money's worth out of even if it takes me several years to put up with all twenty-two episodes. It's an interesting premise let down by dreadful plotting and scripting. I mean, maybe it's actually devastatingly accurate in portraying highly-trained FBI officers as a bunch of petty-minded quarrelsome brats who are allowed to just walk away from their duties, thereby compromising a critically important terrorism investigation, whenever they have a snit over some minor perceived slight by a colleague (and that's after they've passed their training course, which they never should have done given that they acted ten times more spoiled during it), but I'm not convinced

Goodnight all
      Never watched either of them.

Quantico didn't appeal when the trails appeared on which ever Murdoch channel it was on, and I've never heard of the film and never read any of Pynchon's novels.

Bit too intellectual for me.

The review of Quantico on this page is interesting:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4428122/?ref_=nv_sr_1
      Last edited by zeitghost; 18 June 2017, 10:18.

Comment

Lunch was excellent, a combination of some minted lamb from Morrisons alongside a very nice stuffed heart from a local butcher that I've begun to frequent as well as the one in Neath Market.

In addition one house has been roughly vacced.

Roughly because it's too darn hot to do more.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Sunny and hot again

In fact, that's enough of it. Can we go back to the continuous light drizzle now?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            Ah, dear dead days beyond recall…
            Ten years ago today, Googling about a matter of pressing concern led me to a forum that seemed to have some helpful people, so I registered and asked a question

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...-pitfalls.html

And now look at me

Comment

Janey's first post:

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...-basildon.html

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Ten years ago today, Googling about a matter of pressing concern led me to a forum that seemed to have some helpful people, so I registered and asked a question

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...-pitfalls.html

And now look at me
                Welcome to the Hotel California of forums.

It all seemed so much more fun back then.

Even my cynicism wasn't so obvious.

I even had the illusion that I might go contracting again once I didn't need to babysit parents any more.

Comment

Welcome to the Hotel California of forums.

It all seemed so much more fun back then.

Even my cynicism wasn't so obvious.

I even had the illusion that I might go contracting again once I didn't need to babysit parents any more.
                  There's still time

Premier Inn beds are much better nowadays than they were back then, if that helps

Comment

Stone me it's warm out there.

Quite nice in the car with the aircon on, walking about, not so much.

According to the cassandra on the till in Morrisons, it will be even warmer tomorrow.

Relief should arrive on Tuesday.

But, looking on the bright side as ever, all this heat should deal with the pollenating grass in short order.

Comment

Stone me it's warm out there.

Quite nice in the car with the aircon on, walking about, not so much.

According to the cassandra on the till in Morrisons, it will be even warmer tomorrow.

Relief should arrive on Tuesday.

But, looking on the bright side as ever, all this heat should deal with the pollenating grass in short order.
                      Warm in here, too

I just put a load of t-shirts and similar in the wash. Then I realised I didn't have enough continuous space in the kitchen to set up the clothes horse to its fullest extent, which would be needed for drying them all. So I ended up sorting out assorted other bits of junk and moving stuff around until all the space was over by the window where I need it.

While doing this I discovered the still-wrapped ice cube tray that came with the freezer, which had been set to one side as irrelevant to my interests when delivery occurred, in the winter. Now the weather has made me see the advantages of such a thing, it has been hastily removed from its wrapping and pressed into service. Hopefully I'll have ice cubes within a couple of hours

Comment

Working...
                      X