• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timesheet submitted. New gig is it monthly one. 30 day payment terms. Luckily I have a bit of a warchest.

Comment

Fun cycle in this morning. Cycling past Asda in old kent road. Car parked in middle of lane 1(luckily at a 2 lane point). Passenger door open. As I want past I saw lady in tears. Of course no-one else stopped.

I asked if she was okay. "NO! My cocaine filled ex-boyfriend has just snatched our 18 month old son". Me "Call the police". Her "Okay".

Once she had calmed down she drove the car round the corner. I decided not to stay as I did not see what happened - and I hate the police.

Identical happened to my younger brother in 1974(the army officer one). Taken by my step-father. My mother called the police who refused to interfere. My mother and elder sister went to get him back. I almost feel sorry for my step-father : my sister is not to be messed with.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Timesheet submitted. New gig is it monthly one. 30 day payment terms. Luckily I have a bit of a warchest.
        Fingers crossed for you Mate .

I have only been on those sorts of terms once and after I have always made it a deal breaker not to have them.

I did almost lose a gig over it completely once, but they changed their tune at the last minute and agreed to pay weekly.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Luckily I have a bit of a warchest.
          I trust the previous Mrs BP's aren't aware of this?

Comment

Just found Doodab's thread about contentment.

It seems to have made my poor old eyes water a bit.

Ho hum.

Comment

Thanks for the rain Zeitghost
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                I trust the previous Mrs BP's aren't aware of this?
                As its LR, I have to say that I only have 1 ex. Don't tell anyone in general. I like the attention of being Mr Divorce. And in general they don't like facts.....

Comment

Spitalfields Market for lunch. I had not been there for about 20 years....

Comment

As its LR, I have to say that I only have 1 ex. Don't tell anyone in general. I like the attention of being Mr Divorce. And in general they don't like facts.....
                    You sound Ian Beale in General.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Spitalfields Market for lunch. I had not been there for about 20 years....
                      A few good choices there, providing you pick carefully
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X