• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanted to get petrol - however all the pumps were full.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I wanted to get petrol - however all the pumps were full.
      I will probably get some tomorrow morning.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Service at Evans like Halfords can vary.

My bike is from a local bike shop. Oddly not the nearest one to me but one I knew I could safely cycle from.
        Hmm, looks like there are quite a few dissatisfied Evans customers online

Maybe I'll go to an LBS instead. IIRC a mate bought from one a mile or two down the road a few years ago and was very happy with them.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Hmm, looks like there are quite a few dissatisfied Evans customers online

Maybe I'll go to an LBS instead. IIRC a mate bought from one a mile or two down the road a few years ago and was very happy with them.
          Wow! Evans are incredibly expensive.

A new bike shop has opened 10 feet from me! Excellent service, excellent price.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Wow! Evans are incredibly expensive.

A new bike shop has opened 10 feet from me! Excellent service, excellent price.
            Evans is cheaper in August - November and then January until beginning of March. They basically always have sales on during that time as that's when people don't go cycling or they want to sell stock off. Unlike local bike shops they have to order their stock in.

When I went to my local bike shop they let me try a few out in their carpark starting with the cheapest. In the end I brought one I could have got from Evans cheaper but would have had to wait a week for them to get in and build.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Somebody actually asked me to do some w*rk earlier.

Comment

Luckily it only took 5 minutes.

Comment

I had to speak to someone - luckily it only took 2 minutes and I referred them to the answer I gave them 2 weeks ago, last week and today.

Comment

I'm arguing with trolls in General. I need to stop.

Comment

You need to stop.

Nothing good will come of it.

PC in the lab downloaded 120 updates comprising 1.6Gb of stuff.

Installed them.

Tried it again, it found anothe 2Gb of updates.*

The project room is in much the same state.

So much for the eye tea push strategy.

*looking at the update history, nothing much got updated since September 2015 when they were installed.

Comment

Working...
                      X