• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Morning!

Yes indeed!

Bet its well smoggy in town

Comment

Morning

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Morning

Afternoon. How time flies when you are not having fun.....

Comment

Accomplishments so far today: transfer the chips to a bag from the baking tray on which they were spread out to freeze; and vacuum pack three portions of steak and ale casserole extracted from the cuboid containers in which they were frozen.

Said containers are between a third and half full when containing a single portion, meaning that a lot of empty space is left; but when the stuff is extracted therefrom and vacuum packed, it makes neat little bricks which stack beautifully in the freezer with minimal waste of space

Oh, and I preheated the oven, then placed a frozen Greggs steak bake therein for lunch. Should be ready about twenty minutes from now

Comment

I use Morrisons coleslaw containers for storing lentil <pffffft> soup in the freezer.

Unfortunately, being round, stacking neatly isn't in the requirements.

Last two fillets of the BBE 2014 M&S fish this evening.

There was a lot of ice in that packet, much more so than usual.

I shall have to dig deeper in the freezer to see if there's any more lurking, apart from the almost inedible alaskan pollock for which a hammer & chisel comes in handy for separating each bit from its neighbours.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              I shall have to dig deeper in the freezer to see if there's any more lurking
              Esteemed customers?

Comment

Just remembered that the other day, on my way to ClientCo, there was a bus coming the other way whose indicator board said "Bws Ysgol". Quite why a Welsh school bus should be driving around the North Cambridgeshire countryside at quarter-past-eight in the morning, I don't know. I did wonder if there might be an enclave of Welsh-speakers inhabiting one of the villages thereabouts, but it seems unlikely

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Just remembered that the other day, on my way to ClientCo, there was a bus coming the other way whose indicator board said "Bws Ysgol". Quite why a Welsh school bus should be driving around the North Cambridgeshire countryside at quarter-past-eight in the morning, I don't know. I did wonder if there might be an enclave of Welsh-speakers inhabiting one of the villages thereabouts, but it seems unlikely
                  The WElsh love their language. Though they never speak it.

Comment

At various times during the week I've thought of things I must do on Friday, but now I can't remember any of them. Ah well, I'll remember them once I've done the shopping, and got home, and put the dinner on, and it's too late to do anything about whatever they are

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      At various times during the week I've thought of things I must do on Friday, but now I can't remember any of them. Ah well, I'll remember them once I've done the shopping, and got home, and put the dinner on, and it's too late to do anything about whatever they are
                      I write lists....
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X