• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still trying to sort out stuff.

Almost giving up.

Must go down to the dump with some monitors and such like, including about 6 feet of PC Plus mags from the mid 90s onwards until I got bored with it.

Not to mention the gigantic Philips microwave cum grill thing that ZeitSis "gave" me some 18 years ago & has never been switched on*.

*It's so complicated I couldn't be arsed to figure it out.

There's also a selection of coffee percolators from the same source, also unused, and a nebuliser that was prescribed for ZeitPater some 25 years ago that's sat in a cupboard in there for 18 or so years.

Also trying to figure out if I need to pay by CC for the npt bulk collection service and how many items they'll take, since I've got a 3 piece suite and two chairs from a different 3 piece suite to get shot of.

Then again, there's always the pyromaniac option. <-

And then there's the moving of the landline from one house to the other. Which should cause endless fun & frolics.
    Last edited by zeitghost; 1 May 2017, 09:33.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Still trying to sort out stuff.

Almost giving up.

Must go down to the dump with some monitors and such like, including about 6 feet of PC Plus mags from the mid 90s onwards until I got bored with it.

Not to mention the gigantic Philips microwave cum grill thing that ZeitSis "gave" me some 18 years ago & has never been switched on*.

*It's so complicated I couldn't be arsed to figure it out.

There's also a selection of coffee percolators from the same source, also unused, and a nebuliser that was prescribed for ZeitPater some 25 years ago that's sat in a cupboard in there for 18 or so years.

Also trying to figure out if I need to pay by CC for the npt bulk collection service and how many items they'll take, since I've got a 3 piece suite and two chairs from a different 3 piece suite to get shot of.

Then again, there's always the pyromaniac option. <-

And then there's the moving of the landline from one house to the other. Which should cause endless fun & frolics.
      Ebay? Assuming you can store them for another week or two, and can be bothered to ship them.

Comment

Links are up, BTW

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Ebay? Assuming you can store them for another week or two, and can be bothered to ship them.
          I suspect that no one in their right mind would want them, particularly not the wornout & knackered pair of chairs in ZeitTowers.

All 4 chairs and the settee probably don't meet the regs re flammability so you can't sell them anyway.

Just got shot of about 500lbs of scrap iron to a scrapman.

Didn't get anything for it, just glad to see the Ford Essex engine, removed in 1977 from a Zodiac Mk IV, go on its merry way to the furnace.

Some steel frame windows went with it.

How the feck ZeitPater moved all this stuff on his own is quite unbelievable.

I can't do it, and the scrappies had trouble.

Some more glass to go down the dump shortly.

Comment

Links are up, BTW
            I'm still in 2011.

Comment

The scrapman admired ZeitPater's collection of wood.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                I'm still in 2011.
                There's some good stuff this week about the 76477 Complex Sound Generation chip

Comment

There's some good stuff this week about the 76477 Complex Sound Generation chip
                  I'll have a shuftie when I'm back in the tedium of "work".

Looks like I won't have time this weekend to do anything about my home PCB facility.

Most of the morning was concerned with organizing Lidl(tm) tools into a nice cardboard box.

I didn't know I had so many.

Comment

Rolls-with-sausages for lunch, so denoted to make it clear they weren't sausage rolls

Finger rolls to be precise. I've become quite partial to having one of them with a sausage, or even better, two of them with two sausages

Comment

I pushed the boat out & had a tin of chicken and sweetcorn chowder for lunch.

It was ok.

The sun is now shining so very very brightly.

Pity about the black clouds, mind.

Found some books which belonged to various deceased relatives, grandfather, grandmother, aunt, and possibly great grandmother on ZeitMater's side.

Remarkable the stuff that resides in this house.

Comment

Working...
                      X