• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grey, dark, drizzly and Saturday.

The perfect combination.

Comment

Exercise done, shopping done. Now time for some tea before I have a shower and do some bookkeeping.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Darker, drizzlier and even more unpleasant.

Plus I just discovered that one of the previous neighbours popped her clogs about a fortnight ago and I didn't know or I'd have gone to the funeral.

Can't even find the notice on line and I stopped taking the evening post some years ago, much like everyone else.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey day here, too

But I don't have to go out in it much - though I forgot to get washing up liquid for the third week in a row yesterday, so a trip over to Sainsbury's Local can't be ruled out

Comment

How long can I put off bookkeeping? Until later...
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Afternoon denizens

Grey day here, too

But I don't have to go out in it much - though I forgot to get washing up liquid for the third week in a row yesterday, so a trip over to Sainsbury's Local can't be ruled out
              I'm still using up ZeitMater's stocks thereof, of which there is much, usually secreted in places one might not expect, such as the the ancient & woodworm ridden sideboard in the salting house*.

*So named because that's where the slaughtered pigs carcases were salted, 50 or more years ago. Apparently the cats were shocked & horrified when the slaughterman used to call and the despatched pig was hung up to drain.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                *So named because that's where the slaughtered pigs carcases were salted, 50 or more years ago. Apparently the cats were shocked & horrified when the slaughterman used to call and the despatched pig was hung up to drain.
                "Your turn next, Tiddles!"

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    "Your turn next, Tiddles!"
                    There was an inverted U of iron pipes, no doubt purloined from some factory or other, used to support said pig by the back legs after its throat was cut.

For a bet, the blood was used to make black pudding.

These days they'd be taken to an abattoir so the cats wouldn't get so upset.

I don't remember seeing this done, but the pigs were still being kept 50 years ago so must have been slaughtered somewhere.

Comment

Ah. Thought I heard a screech and a bang a few minutes ago. Now the traffic heading out of town seems to be at a standstill

Comment

Working...
                      X