• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by covbob View Post
    Pretty good thanks! Having a few days at home, just signed a contract to go back to a former ClientCo locally from Thursday next week. They're a great bunch of guys and it should be a good three months.
    Boomed!

Comment

Mine looks like a combination of his & Bob Pease's.

I keep adding shelves to make it tidier which works for about a week until it returns to its normal state.

I worked with a chap in Rugby whose desk was very tidy.

It seemed unnatural.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        Mine looks like a combination of his & Bob Pease's.

I keep adding shelves to make it tidier which works for about a week until it returns to its normal state.

It seemed unnatural.
        I once came back from a few days off to find that the boss had got somebody else to tidy my desk while I was away. Things had been put in drawers and all sorts of nonsense like that. A fortnight later, I was still getting held up every other day trying to find scraps of paper that had important information scribbled on the back

Comment

Hmmm, not the marrying kind, eh?

It seemed unnatural.
          Quite so, Sir.

Comment

In other news, I am currently wondering whether, one month after the winter solstice, it's now noticeably lighter of an evening.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
              Hmmm, not the marrying kind, eh?
              Oddly, he was married.

And drove cars as ancient as mine.

Comment

In other news, I am currently wondering whether, one month after the winter solstice, it's now noticeably lighter of an evening.
                It is slightly lighter in the mornings.

I can just about see the rails as the train pulls into Swansea, which I couldn't do a fortnight ago.

Comment

Definitely. I have a time switch on the living room light, originally for when I'm away but now I just let it do its thing even when I'm here. It's just turned on and the sun won't set for another hour

Comment

Just made the perilous journey across the road to the hardware shop. I now have screws and fixings suitable for attaching my cabinet to the wall

However my back is grumbling slightly today, so I may put that off for a bit

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Just made the perilous journey across the road to the hardware shop. I now have screws and fixings suitable for attaching my cabinet to the wall

However my back is grumbling slightly today, so I may put that off for a bit
                      You sound like a stereotypical British builder.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X