• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I think I made too much gravy. I didn't know that was a thing.

#emptynestsyndrome
    Send it over, I'll deal with it

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Depends on how you look after it and what conditions you ride it in.

If you don't clean and lube and ride in wet and muddy conditions it will probably give up at about 1000 miles.

Regular cleaning and only riding in dry / good conditions and it can last 5000.

This one has probably done 2-3000.
      I should probably clean my chain...

Comment

Telly's here!

But it's staying in its box for now as my back is, for some reason, playing up today

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Telly's here!

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          But it's staying in its box for now as my back is, for some reason, playing up today

Comment

I should probably clean my chain...
            They tell you if you go on a bike maintenance course you should clean it every week or two weeks. But the guy on my course said for normal commuters 4-6 weeks is fine and to make it easier use one of those chain cleaning tools.

So have I cleaned my chain? Nope.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              They tell you if you go on a bike maintenance course you should clean it every week or two weeks. But the guy on my course said for normal commuters 4-6 weeks is fine and to make it easier use one of those chain cleaning tools.

So have I cleaned my chain? Nope.
              I think that's the thing - I don't really know what I'm doing.

Perhaps I'll add a tool thingummy to my Christmas wishlist.

Comment

Ordered on behalf of Mr ms to wrap and give to me

Comment

I think that's the thing - I don't really know what I'm doing.

Tell Mr MS to find you a maintenance course that you can go on.

In London and other cities they are either free or under £20. Some stuff you will know, while the other stuff will save you YouTubing.

How take a cheap bike to the course as they make you muck around with things.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Tell Mr MS to find you a maintenance course that you can go on.

In London and other cities they are either free or under £20. Some stuff you will know, while the other stuff will save you YouTubing.

How take a cheap bike to the course as they make you muck around with things.
                    I think Evans offer free courses.

But my local CTC (of which I am now on the committee, due to a moment of weakness) is talking about running some, so will definitely sign up if they do.

Comment

I think Evans offer free courses.

But my local CTC (of which I am now on the committee, due to a moment of weakness) is talking about running some, so will definitely sign up if they do.
                      Ooh, there's an Evans store just round the corner from me - as and when I finally get around to buying a bike, I'll see about taking such a course

Comment

Working...
                      X